Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classical music thread
In the short time I have belonged to GS I haven't seen a thread dedicated to classical music so I thought I'd start one.

I was typing in my study yesterday and had the radio on and they were playing the Mozart 20th piano concderto and all the time I was thinking what a marvellous performance it was a trying to guess the pianist. At then end the announcer gave the name but his pronunciation left a lot to be desired. Immediately after the concerto they played a piece by Chopin. Chopin is far from being my favourite composer but I was utterly transfixed. It seemed to me to be played with such delicacy and artistry, such authority and maturity. All I got from the announcer at the end was that it was from a live concert recorded in Warsaw in 2011. I sent a message through to RNE (Radio Nacional de España) but they haven't replied. In the end, after a great deal of searching on the Internet I managed to find what I was looking for. Quite incredible! This was an eighteen year old Canadian of Polish origen called Jan Lisiecki. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Lisiecki) Just look at his career. And when you've done that, listen to this: Don't you think that is extraordinary?

Im not that good with the names of composers but I do know that style of classical music and that is Baroque.

I love most things from 17th and 18th centuries, I really love their clothes, and I also the love the rules of politeness in society.

So every time I listen to Baroque it remands me of that.

Baroque Concerti from The Netherlands De Fesch, Groneman, Hurlebusch,

I'm a complete noob when it comes to classical music. I like Beethoven and Chopin though so feel free to "educate me" on the subject and give me recommendations!

Not very well-versed in classical music, but I certainly appreciate it.

Have always loved Toccata and Fugue (by Bach, I believe).

Found this version not too long ago, and I'm absolutely in awe of it.

I would embed it, but I haven't a clue how to do it... so I shall now go and investigate matters...

LONDONER Wrote:In the short time I have belonged to GS I haven't seen a thread dedicayted to classical music so I thought I's start one.

I was typing in my study yesterday and had the radio on and they were playing the Mozart 20th piano concderto and all the time I was thinking what a marvellous performance it was a trying to guess the pianist. At then end the announcer gave the name but his pronunciation left a lot to be desired. Immediately after the concerto they played a piece by Chopin. Chopin is far from being my favourite composer but I was utterly transfixed. It seemed to me to be played with such delicacy and artistry, such authority and maturity. All I got from the announcer at the end was that it was from a live concert recorded in Warsaw in 2011. I sent a message through to RNE (Radio Nacional de España) but they haven't replied. In the end, after a great deal of searching on the Internet I managed to find what I was looking for. Quite incredible! This was an eighteen year old Canadian of Polish origen called Jan Lisiecki. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Lisiecki) Just look at his career. And when you've done that, listen to this: Don't you think that is extraordinary?

Thanks artyboy Tongue

kidchameleon Wrote:Thanks artyboy Tongue

Next time you post up a youtube video go into "Go Advance"

Theres a youtube tab in the toolbar fourth one from the right.

this comes up

[Y O U T U B E ] [ /Y O U T U B E ]

and copy and paste this this part from the address bar. XrgXYRJLCLc&list

Always copy and paste from the v= bit.

It should look similar to this

[Y O U T U B E ] XrgXYRJLCLc&list [ /Y O U T U B E ]

okay?

Thanks for again for that Smile

I'll be sure to put my new skill to use Tongue

I know how to do it Artyboy but had I done it on this occasion, it would have broken up my text. I think that most people would have been able to click on the URL.