Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Close to home.
sorry I don't really know how too word this but is there any actual medical disorders or syndromes related too sleep with "relatives". My first gay experience was with non blood relative and I even dated them for a few months. But I've also slept with an uncle of his he hates, one of his cousins, my 2nd cousin and his sister. This has all happened since I was 17, I am now 23.
I know a few aren't blood but they are closer enough as I have known them for a long time. I am from a wealthy family and although it seems far fetched these situations are true.

So yeah is there any disorders etc etc, should I see a psychiatrist?

If this hasn't caused you distress or trauma, is there any reason for you to see a psychiatrist? What are you trying to achieve in your personal life, in your private love life? Have you any idea where you want to go from now? You might just chalk all this up to experience.

How do you feel about those encounters? Did you enjoy them? Did you participate freely, or did you feel pressured into having sex with them?

There's no medical or psychiatric disorder here. I don't know what country you live in, but there are probably laws about marriage (NOT about sex) between blood relatives.

I think that the issue here is how you feel about all of this. The sex itself is not a reason to seek psychiatric care, BUT if you have unresolved feelings or guilt about it all, then perhaps a therapist could help.

Yeah, as has been said, in and of itself it isn't a problem. The problem is how you feel about it. If it is something that is binding you up in some way inside yourself so you don't feel free to live your own life, then that is the problem and the only way to deal with it is seek professional counseling. We can be a sounding board or support, but such things are far too intimate and personal to be disused openly in a forum such as this. It sounds like you need to know there is nothing inherently wrong with you… there isn't. It's how we bundle all this up inside ourselves, in our thoughts and emotions, that matters. If we can be free, let it go, let it take its rightful place as something in our past, and proceed to live our lives as we wish, then there is no problem. If not, then we need to address the issues and untangle them one by one.

I live in Australia and sex between blood relatives is illegal. All encounters were preformed willingly which isn't the problem. Its that when I look at these people or other attractive relatives I am instantly sexual attracted to them. I haven't mainta any relationships with them, just purely sexual but that carries on for week. I just feel that something is wrong with me.

Anonymous Wrote:I live in Australia and sex between blood relatives is illegal. All encounters were preformed willingly which isn't the problem. Its that when I look at these people or other attractive relatives I am instantly sexual attracted to them. I haven't mainta any relationships with them, just purely sexual but that carries on for week. I just feel that something is wrong with me.
Well, again, there isn't anything *objectively* "wrong" with you (so far as I am concerned). But if YOU feel there is a problem, then there IS a problem FOR YOU. And unraveling that, figuring out why this is, what its all about for you, is something best done with a trained psychological professional. They can help you get to the root of it and help you to develop mechanisms for coping with it.

Do you find yourself sexually attracted to people outside of your family? Or is there a specific aspect about them being somehow related to you that excites you, perhaps because it IS "wrong"?

Lex

You need to get out more. Broaden your social circle. Wink

I had several semi-sexual encounters with a non-blood related male cousin when I was a lot younger. Touching and sucking and things but I just look back it as harmless education in a way. We were the same age and was around the time of puberty then stopped suddenly and we never spoke of it. Now a few years on and I have begun to have urges like I have never experienced, it has nothing to do with that earlier experience but in fact it's eased my mind ever so slightly for the journey ahead.

Bella97 Wrote:I had several semi-sexual encounters with a non-blood related male cousin when I was a lot younger. Touching and sucking and things but I just look back it as harmless education in a way. We were the same age and was around the time of puberty then stopped suddenly and we never spoke of it. Now a few years on and I have begun to have urges like I have never experienced, it has nothing to do with that earlier experience but in fact it's eased my mind ever so slightly for the journey ahead.

What kind of "urges" are you talking about?
~Beaux