Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Closet Case. Please Help Me!
I don't mean to jump on you MM. But using terms like "sissy boy" can be hurtful. It may sound playful or harmless but there is a lot of emotional anguish tied to terms like that. The proper vernacular is Effeminate...and by using a term like Sissy all you're going to do is Alienate possible venues of support.

You've got a lot to learn about the greater LGBT community and i hope you heed those who pointed out the flaws in your language. They are only giving you advice as how NOT to offend others. It's kind of like...if you were to come out to your "bros" and they alienated you...it's the same feeling we get every time the term sissy boy or "if i wanted to date a girl i would" type phrases get dropped.

Beyond that i wish you luck and i hope your journey through coming out is as easy as possible. If people alienate or shun you because of who you are, your attractions, and your future love interests...they are NOT your friends. Remember that.

I just find your attitude a little disheartening and while I have never come across a case such as that you witnessed a little respect can surely be mustered. I am a closet case as well and still value my peers regardless of character. It is a big deal…

We have enough enemies without making them among ourselves.