Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Closeted
Hi guys,

Just want to know your opinions.

Is it possible to be closeted but still find a boyfriend?

Not really. Being in the closet is painful and you drag your boyfriend back tnio the closet, by being there.

Yes,,, you can find a boyfriend while being in the closet. It's not as easy, but still possible.

Closeted guys can still search for potential boyfriends on internet dating sites while keeping their identity secret, or by hanging out near places where gay guys frequent - such as gay bars.

The trick is finding someone who you know is gay,,, and then introducing yourself to this person. Let them know you are also gay but need to remain in the closet due to family circumstances, etc. It won't be easy to keep your relationship a secret, but it can be done.

Best of Luck,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

It's possible, but not an easy thing to manage. Maybe if you look for someone online or in places where many gay guys hang around (like gay bars or LGBT communities). If you pick the second option you have to realize that is possible someone to see you visiting these places. But you can't warm your body if you don't come close to the flame and take the risk to be burn a little. Good luck and stay safe.

I don't know about finding a boyfriend, but I suppose anything is possible. From experience I can say that sooner or later one will tire of the other being in the closet. Hookups, of course, are a different matter altogether. Some people manage to organise a "regular" and some of those might consider their regular hookup a boyfriend?

I think it would work better if you find a closeted boyfriend.

the only boyfriends in Narnia dissapear when ever you try to show them to anyone else

Repeating what I said in my blog post.

I highly suggest pursuing a relationship with a person who is also in the closet. If this isn't possible, make sure you discuss this with your potential partner before hand so he understands and respects your predicament.

Some relationships can function like this but they require certain terms (no PDA, how long you'll be in the closet for, etc...)

I sometimes think that we should get rid of the 'closet' cncept and adopt an attitude of "It's my own damned business."

When you really stop to think about it, does everyone deserve to know your personal like?
I bid NO Trump!

Very difficult to do. You can find another closeted boyfriend, because as already said, to find a person out of the closet, you are asking them to go back into the closet to date you. If you manage to find a closeted boyfriend, then you will be hoping they wish to remain in the closet for a lifetime. I took a look at your profile and saw that you are interested in the age range of 21 to 30, which makes this even tougher because that is one of the most likely time periods, if not the most likely of any age group, for a person to finally come out of the closet and a relationship with someone in the closet could hold them back from doing that. Of course it can be done, and although I don't mean to be a downer, in reality it is already difficult for people out of the closet to find a relationship. Finding a relationship while staying in the closet is much more difficult.