Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cocktails
So, who's partial to a cocktail or two? And if you are, what's your favourite cocktail? Do you ever take a few spirits and juices and mix up your own? If so, do you ever give them names?

I personally love Strawberry Daiquiri. In mine, I use Bacardi as the rum, gold tequilla, I buy this strawberry puree mix from Makros, lots of crushed ice and then some strawberry liquor (Tescos do a good one).

For quite a tall glass, I usually use 25-50ml shot of bacardi (depending on how strong you like it), 25ml Tequilla, 25ml strawberry liquor and then fill the rest of the glass with crushed ice and pour the strawberry puree over. Then add a dash of lemon & lime juice (Makros do a good 'Sour Mix') in the top. Give it a mix in a blender and voila. It's slush-puppie like :biggrin:

I've made my own ones up also though but they're quite strong hehe:

- Fill a tall glass with ice
- 25ml Bacardi
- 25ml Malibu
- 25ml Banana Liquor
- 25ml Amaretto
- 25ml Archers
- 25ml Midori Melon
- Fill with orange juice
- Top with Passionfruit Juice
- Drizzle grenadine all through it

PERFECTION :biggrin:

I don't often do cocktails... but will usually try ones if I see they've got JD in!

One I had was a shot of JD, shot of Amaretto and a shot of summat else topped up with a mixer... was lush... just can't remember what the 3rd shot was tho!!

Oooh that sounds yum Confusedmile:

I once went out with one of the techies at work and a whole bunch of us and they were doing buy one get two free. So I got JD and coke, he got Amaretto and coke. But we thought we would swap one each just for a bit of variety. He forgot he had swapped and tipped all of his into one - when he realised he was like "ooooh noooo!" in his sexy northern accent haha. But it was so nice! The thing is the Amaretto didn't make it seem as strong... so you get drunk way too easilly!

Another nice Amaretto cocktail is Cherry Lollipop.
Amaretto
Midori Melon
Cranberry Juice

Lush! Confusedmile: