Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coffee and coffee machines
I can espresso good. I love espresso. It's the only way to coffee. Tastes the best and gives you the best caffeine hit (makes you feel high)

I don't like drinking coffee with sugar, I find that it makes it taste sort of soapy.

I like a good flat white, or a cappuccino, but I only ever put maybe a half teaspoon of sugar at most. I just think sugar makes it taste less hot and less flavoursome for some reason.

I kicked my coffee-machines out .... and it was the best decision for years. I cook my coffee as before: kettle, filter, coffee grinder. It takes a little longer .. but better coffee you can not make.

Lilitu Wrote:I don't like drinking coffee with sugar, I find that it makes it taste sort of soapy.

I like a good flat white, or a cappuccino, but I only ever put maybe a half teaspoon of sugar at most. I just think sugar makes it taste less hot and less flavoursome for some reason.

THANK YOU!
But Lil you forget you live in NZ one of the few countries that can espresso well.
Most others don't have a fucken clue what up with espresso. I generally drink 2-6 coffees a day.

Joshular Wrote:THANK YOU!
But Lil you forget you live in NZ one of the few countries that can espresso well.
Most others don't have a fucken clue what up with espresso. I generally drink 2-6 coffees a day.

I know! I've heard that we're privileged to have such good espresso. I went and did a coffee making course one time and the instructor just spent half the time complaining about overseas coffee.

lol I don't drink coffee often to be honest, it's more of a sometimes treat. I usually like to drink green tea or oolong tea, or camomile.

I like hot chocolate in winter Smile, I put a good two sprinkles of chilli, a pinch of salt, a tiny bit of cinnamon, and I start it off with a deep toffee to sweeten it. And you HAVE to use whittakers chocolate. They have the best chocolate (the best chocolate that doesn't cost half the grocery budget to buy)

Lilitu Wrote:I know! I've heard that we're privileged to have such good espresso. I went and did a coffee making course one time and the instructor just spent half the time complaining about overseas coffee.

lol I don't drink coffee often to be honest, it's more of a sometimes treat. I usually like to drink green tea or oolong tea, or camomile.

I like hot chocolate in winter Smile, I put a good two sprinkles of chilli, a pinch of salt, a tiny bit of cinnamon, and I start it off with a deep toffee to sweeten it. And you HAVE to use whittakers chocolate. They have the best chocolate (the best chocolate that doesn't cost half the grocery budget to buy)

At my work we put one of their sticks of chocolate in our moccas and hotchocolates n.n

Typed up a large response but realize I know nothing about coffee so deleted it all. I use a vintage stove top espresso maker for making Cafe Bustelo when I need it and we have a standard Black and Decker for the man who just makes regular old brewed coffee and I've also got a Mr. Coffee ECMP50 that I do not use often only because I have to clean everything when I am done.

You must know I was raised on tea and still consider myself a tea person and know nothing about coffee. Personally, my fav coffee was always from a diner. We have a percolator too. Just experiment. Keurig is OK but I wasn't crazy about it when I tried it. If you like espresso try a stove top pot. Have no issues with the Mr. Coffee. Wish I could say more about it other than it uses a water tank I can remove and clean. Has a steam wand.

Just make sure whatever machine you get can produce this.

[Image: dormthumb.php?w=500&src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww...coffee.jpg]

The proper drinkware is also important.

[Image: 44066972.jpg]

fenris Wrote:I kicked my coffee-machines out .... and it was the best decision for years. I cook my coffee as before: kettle, filter, coffee grinder. It takes a little longer .. but better coffee you can not make.

Believe it or not, I'd never thought of that. looll

Maybe that's the best solution, after all. More affordable, it will take less space in the kitchen, no electricity consumption and better results.

Quote:Believe it or not, I'd never thought of that. looll

Maybe that's the best solution, after all. More affordable, it will take less space in the kitchen, no electricity consumption and better results.

Yes and you can brew the coffee you like ... not the crap that some company sells as coffee. Amount of coffee you can decide for yourself, it is much cheaper. And it smells like a sunday morning in the 60th Smile