Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cardinal Says Homosexuality like blood pressure - can be treated
Edward Wrote:What else can you expect from 85 years old person.

My grandmother is 84 and her daughter...my aunty is gay and she has a partner of about 15 years _my gran fully supports her and always has. I do sort of understand what you mean with this post about an older generation but not all are the same,

As for been judged by a priest lol, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones as the saying goes

Someone should ask that preist that if been gay is a defect that is treatable, what about the churches stance on a priest molesting children, if thats not a defect then can we assume they just enjoy violating children, and if caught they are not treated, they are moved to another church to carry on touching kids

Maybe it was all the salt in my diet that made me like dicks?

I'm more worried about that Catholic who is a Supreme Court Justice of the USA, what's his name again, Antonin Scalia? You know, the guy who successfully made gay sex remain illegal in parts of the USA in the 1986 Bowers vs Hardwick, and then tried again but failed in the 2003 Lawrence vs Texas. You know, the same Catholic who, when DOMA and Prop 8 were brought to the Supreme Court, had to sit in that special chair in the court house that meant legalizing gay marriage made him grumpy.
I'm more worried about that Catholic who has actual power that has messed up people's lives. Not so much worried about that other Catholic, Cardinal Sebastián, who only has imaginary power.

How can anyone take these people seriously?

Many of them repeatedly break the law by being or protecting paedophiles. If there were a cure why don't they support and help their own?
Loving thy neighbour does not mean that you can violate the young and innocent.

No, I'm afraid these people have very dangerous mouths and make life tougher for us than it already is. If people get some good from religion then it is a good thing for them but for me it is purely a business. How they got away with abusing and ruining the lives of women and men is so annoying and they are still in denial.
We are supposed to be tolerant, to live and let live. I respect other people's opinions but don't always agree with them. If priests wish to wear dresses that is ok with me but I will not entertain excrement from someone who has convinced me without a shadow of a doubt that euthanasia should be legalized :-).

However, I am lucky in that I know better.

loserguy Wrote:How can anyone take these people seriously?

You have to take them seriously, for the crackpot/brain dead morons they are.....because they have power.

So its like blood pressure, so I just need to change my diet, exercise more often and take a pill and I'm no longer gay?

Deal me in!