Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Morgan (Merlin) as gay John...

Think I posted this ages ago (from the Catherine Tate show) but he is more famous now! Confusedmile:

I don't watch much tv but Merlin is one of my favourite shows... :tongue:

The amazing thing for me is how he can sound so English when his real accent is really broad Northern Irish...

[Image: 608]
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

ANdy Wrote:I don't watch much tv but Merlin is one of my favourite shows... :tongue:

The amazing thing for me is how he can sound so English when his real accent is really broad Northern Irish...

[Image: 608]

I have never seen Merlin. I have seen advertisements for it and DVD collections of the show, but I have been afraid that it would be cheesy like Hercules and Zena. If it is not, I would love to see it.

On the theme of accents, Meryl Streep was one of the Kennedy Center Honorees Monday. Her accents are supposed to be fantastic, though, it is always hard to tell if you don't have that particular accent yourself.

Her accents from various films:

In her upcoming film on Margaret Thatcher:

Merlin is a great show, was glad to see it was picked up for another season. The SCIFI channel carried both seasons one and two... not sure if S3 will be shown. However, Netflix has S3. The British do film making right in my opinion. Hollywood likes to copy... such as Being Human, Life on Mars, Queer as Folk. Hollywood changes the content somewhat but they never can improve on these fantastic shows.
Also there are so many British actors playing American characters such as Andrew Lincoln on The Walking Dead. Not only does he have to drop the english accent, he has to adapt a southern drawl... no easy feat.. as there are many variations. :biggrin:

jbd555 Wrote:Merlin is a great show, was glad to see it was picked up for another season. The SCIFI channel carried both seasons one and two... not sure if S3 will be shown. However, Netflix has S3. The British do film making right in my opinion. Hollywood likes to copy... such as Being Human, Life on Mars, Queer as Folk. Hollywood changes the content somewhat but they never can improve on these fantastic shows.
Also there are so many British actors playing American characters such as Andrew Lincoln on The Walking Dead. Not only does he have to drop the english accent, he has to adapt a southern drawl... no easy feat.. as there are many variations. :biggrin:

Not to mention Hugh Laurie in "House", Christian Bale in "American Psycho", Jude Law in "Cold Mountain". Speaking of which, Nicole Kidman has done American, Irish and British Accents "Cold Mountain", "Far and Away",and "The Hours" Kate Blanchett has done a brilliant job with British, American, and Irish accents too in "Elizabeth", "The Missing", and "Veronica Guerin".

I think I like the American version of "The Office" and "queer as Folk" better than the British versions. But, that is a matter of personal taste, I suppose.

Big Grin I love Merlin. My boyfriend go me into it. Not many Americans have heard about it unfortunately but I think the writing is very good.

I absolutely love the show, didn't think I would because I'm not really into that medieval stuff, but yeah, Colin Morgan attracted me to it and I love watching him...as well as Bradley James (Arthur).

Another notable performance is Asa Butterfeild (Mordred) also from the movie 'The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas'. an engaging young actor with peircing eyes and an actor to watch out for in the future.

Totally addicted to that show.

Only just started watching it now. I needed something to fill the void between supernatural, boardwalk empire, walking dead and pretty much all the other shows I watch stopping. Only seen like 3 episodes and haven't gotten "hooked" but I will be watching the others.

At home at the moment, so gotta be an upstanding member of the family for a while and be social Cool

Yeah, as an American, I've not heard of it before, though I find this a bit shocking because I spend VERY little time watching American television (seeing as I don't own a television and probably won't for may years to follow). But I am a big fan of Shameless (UK) and Father Ted (no longer airing) which are two of my most favorite shows ever! Unfortunately I've been out of the Shameless loop for quite sometime, but I always had the biggest crush on Ian (go figure).

Father Ted is also hilarious! Another old one I'm a big fan of is A Bit of Fry and Laurie, here's a couple of my favorite sketches:

[Image: watch?v=qEaQIJL2aao]
[Image: watch?v=__DrJI7mTHQ]

Sorry for the misdirection of my reply.... :redface:

The fact that you, an american has heard of and watches Father Ted is amazing to me lol