Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you read a good book lately?
Hey, are you currently reading a good book? Or just finished one? Please share.

I'm currently reading "River Town", by Peter Hessler. It's about an American teacher who goes to China on a 2-year teaching assignment, in a town near the Yangtze River.

I'm almost finished reading "In a Sunburned Country", by Bill Bryson. It's about a travel writer, exploring the island-nation of Australia. It's really interesting and parts of it are funny also.

Another book I enjoyed a lot is "Round Ireland with a Fridge" by English Songwriter-Comedian, Tony Hawks. He loses a bet that he made in a pub, that he couldn't hike around Ireland with a mini fridge. I enjoyed it a lot.

Next up: I'll be starting a book called "A Hell of a Place to Lose a Cow" by Tim Brookes. It's about the adventures of a young man hitch-hiking around the USA.

Of course, one of my all-time favorite books is "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" by Betty Smith.

at last I have read

The catch trap .. by marion zimmer bradley ... a gay story about 2 Flyer on Trapeze

The far pavillions by m m kaye

and the Shannara - series by terry brooks

but in time I hear more audio bools... I ´m very lazy

fenris Wrote:... a gay story about 2 Flyer on Trapeze ...
... now those young men sound really daring Wink

(Do we need another book thread?)

Not long time ago I finished Cell by Stephen King.

I recently finished The Curious Incident of The Dog In The Night-Time byMark Haddon and can honestly say it is an awesome book. Very smartly written, I reccommend it to all of you.

"Harold Shipman - Prescription For Murder" The true story of the UK's worst serial killer, by Brian Whittle and Jean Ritchie.

The Art of Shaolin Kung Fu By: Wong Kiet Kit

Great way to stay in shape and release your chi Big Grin

I only read pictures books, it’s been a while sense I read a non graphic novel.

The last good book I read was The Host by Stephanie Meyer (Yes, the author of Twilight). I was bored and that was the only thing interesting at my school's library and I ended up borrowing it. It's way better than Twilight, I don't know why it isn't as popular, it's a lot more sci-fi. It has some elements in Twilight which I loathe (that author/reader avatar, gah!) but it was really good, I enjoyed it.

I also read Wake by... someone, I forgot their name. It was about this girl that can enter people's dreams, that was a good read as well.