Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Guy Realizes His Best Friend Might Be His Boyfriend...
http://www.queerty.com/college-guy-reali...e-20151028

I usually hate all this feel-good crap people share on Facebook. Fortunately, I bothered to read this one because I enjoyed it. Like most other people's response to this, it's something I wish could have happened to me. I want to fall into something by accident and not have to put any effort in. At the same time, I kind of want to punch him. If you're touching each other and texting "I miss you" and crap like that to each other, there's obviously something going on so shut the fuck up and stop wasting people's time.

himself Wrote:it's something I wish could have happened to me.

You're 22.

1and1 Wrote:You're 22.

Which is exactly why I'm not going to be going round to someone's house after school to do homework and watch Pokémon.

himself Wrote:Which is exactly why I'm not going to be going round to someone's house after school to do homework and watch Pokémon.

Unless you work in a school. And like Pokemon.

But no I get what ya mean. You read these stories about people who just seem to fall into these most romantic scenarios and it is all very fairtytale. Then you look at yourself and think WTF. Try everything and it does not work.

1and1 Wrote:. Then you look at yourself and think WTF. Try everything and it does not work.

You're 29..
How could you have tried everything?

*Hides*

Anocxu Wrote:You're 29..
How could you have tried everything?

*Hides*

Haha. Well ok. Thinking you've tried everything. Thinking that all the ways you have tried does incorporate everything. 8 years may not be much to some people, but 8 years of attempting the same thing and getting nowhere is fed-up-ifying. Anything else - a job, a hobby, a whatever - people would be like "2 years...it aint working is it, give up".

The outcome for this story will probably end on a sad note. One wants a bromance,,, while the other wants a gay relationship....

Their story is a prime example why it is necessary to open the closet door when you start having feelings for your best friend... A prolonged bromance with a straight guy will leave your heart broken.

Jimeroooo
We Have Elvis !!

Sometimes it's all in the --not-- trying (as opposed to "trying everything").

For example, with [MENTION=20938]Gideon[/MENTION] and myself? I did my DAMNEDEST to dissuade him and turn him away.

And yet, over 7 years later, I find myself in what has become a relationship that's both fulfilling and... everything that I never thought I ever wanted but is clearly exactly what I needed all along.

That isn't to say getting here wasn't work. It's not always easy.

Easy is both a lie and a pipe dream. ALL relationships take work.

Gid worked his ASS off to get us here, because I really didn't think I wanted a relationship. And, to be honest, his level of obsession over ever aspect of my life took some getting used to. Boundaries had to be established, certain lines drawn. Etc.

1and1 Wrote:8 years of attempting the same thing and getting nowhere is

Is.. almost the definition of insanity. .lol
Kidding. .

We try different things as we change / age..
Sometimes is about shortening that long list of things we keep trying..

Most times ..
As we change.. we redefine the meaning of what it is to "try.."

But ..no giving up Mr! !.. lol
Or I'll start a nasty rumour that you're into black guys!!
Ew!!

*Runs for the Bunker*

that .gif was totally hot!

and i have been on the receiving end of confusing physical affection from 'straight' guys more than i care to. they do all but French kiss you and still call themselves straight; (one was more honest and told me flat out he would fuck me even though he is hetero). guys are more physical in general, but i don't know....i was never this touchy-feely with the couple of girls i've liked as friends. i've learned enough by now that i know when it's actual friendly touching and when they're bullshitting themselves that it's just friendly.
''Do I look civilized to you?''