Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cologne and Perfume
[Image: 5868_hero.jpg]

I noticed that there was a discussion about this in another thread. That's why I made it. What do you think of cologne and perfume? Do you use it? Do you know anyone who uses it? Do you ever go to stores and sometimes check out the samples they have there?

[Image: 060801_jeter_hmed_1p.hmedium.jpg]

I personally like it and I wouldn't mind using it. However, I would not use it if a partner didn't want me to have it on. Ya know what... my ex had very little to no sense of smell and I could have put on all the cologne I wanted. I have a bit of a strong nose and I actually wouldn't mind it. Over time, I have developed a mechanism to not smell unwanted smells. Don't get me wrong, there are some really bad smelling cologne out there that I simply cannot tolerate. I would actually prefer my next partner not to put it on. My ex didn't put any on and that was good. I'm sure his natural smell was divine.

[Image: Perfume_Bottles.jpg]

I personally don't like perfume. This is one of the reasons why I couldn't be with a woman. Now for the ladies... do you like perfume? Why? Does your partner like it? Do you like your partner using it? Oh and hey... guys use it too... any of you guys actually put it on? Would you actually use it? I certainly wouldn't since I don't like the smell at all.

[Image: stetson-gift-set-by-coty-gift-set-men-in...ay-bag.jpg]

Well there you have it... that's my cologne and perfume thread. Enjoy!

I am addicted to cologne Big Grin I and my best friend used to walk around the mall for hours just to pick up a nice smell from the perfume shop. Then we go home and look on the internet for a good deal and ship it to each other as a surprise gift Big Grin. I love everyone wearing cologne. Seriously, one time I sit on the truck with my best friend and he wore the cologne that I gave him for Christmas ( the truck's cabin was smaller than car's so the smell was really strong ), I could not resist and start biting his ear. Luckily, no cop saw it and stopped us Big Grin

I am currently wearing Polo Raphael or Euphoria for casual occasion and Armani White for night out. ( which was kind of odd because Euphoria is more suitable for night out =)) )

P.s: I am looking for a nice, strong but young smell for my best friend in this upcoming Thanks Giving, can any one suggest me?

I like wearing colognes. Some of my favorites are: Fahrenheit by Christian Dior, one called Tuscany, and one by Gucci. I feel good when I smell nice, but I don't use it all the time.

I don't like any colognes..I do like a man that smells clean and uses Aqua Velva or Mennen Skin Bracer after shaving so there is just a hint of smell...less is more for my tastes.

I'd much rather date a guy who uses strong perfume than cologne because that's what most guys here use.

Well, it 's kind of difficult to define the smell of perfume from cologne ( or at least for me, I am not that sensitive ). Perfume just lasts longer and more expensive.

It's a bit hard for me to define the smell of it and I do have a really sensitive nose. One of my friends has even stronger sense of smell and I'm sure he'd know the difference. I'll take a stab at it... based on personal experience, perfumes smell a lot stronger than colognes. However, I have come across strong smelling colognes.

Well I just Googled it... yup I was right! Colognes are less potent than perfumes. I knew it!

I like cologne - anything with a nice fresh smell. I prefer the real thing - 4711 from Cologne, Germany. I don't put it on my skin, though, It dries the skin and ages it prematurely. I put it on my hair and sometimes on my clothes. I do the same thing with aftershaves. I also avoid the sun for the same reason - we get a lot of sun here!

I don't use it. Nothing against perfume and cologne though.

I did use it when I was in college. It was a perfume from The Body Shop called Vanilla White Musk. It has a nice pleasant smell.

peterinmalaga Wrote:I like cologne - anything with a nice fresh smell. I prefer the real thing - 4711 from Cologne, Germany. I don't put it on my skin, though, It dries the skin and ages it prematurely. I put it on my hair and sometimes on my clothes. I do the same thing with aftershaves. I also avoid the sun for the same reason - we get a lot of sun here!

I don't think putting perfume on hair is a good idea. It can cause damage to your hair.
Also, perfume has 3 layer of sense, the second and the third on only show up when react with body's chemical so it is necessary to put it on skin so it can react with your sweat.