Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado gay civil union bill
In Colorado where i live:
The bill has to clear both the state Senate and the House. The democratic governor indicated he will sign it, likely to pass the Senate too. A similar bill failed last year in the Republican controlled House, actually the House Judiciary Committee. See if it goes further this year. Civil unions are as far as the lawmakers can go because of Colorado's constitution banning same-sex marriage.

linky

Wow. I think it's sad that it has to be this way for gay people, cause some people have issues with gay marriage >.> .

We weren't made in tiers, but as equals, so it's shocking when that man said that gay marriage or just being gay was immoral. That constitutes to saying that being straight and in a "regular" marriage is immoral as well, since none of us are made better then the other. And doesn't the bible say we were made in god's image? He didn't just model straight people after himself and gay people from some other source, we were made as equals. Straights,Gays/Lesbians, Bisexuals and Transgender, we are all equals.

Although, I will say that atleast progress is being made, no thanks to the nay'sayers, and that I hope it works out over there.

Where I live, if two guys were to hold hands, about 70% of the people in the area would probably get mad/shout/become violent towards them. Not so much for women, but perhaps on a lesser extent, and because we are pre-dominantly a church orientated community(the black church at that), it's twice as bad for black people(mostly men) to do it.

The closest we've gotten to gay rights/equality is; a gay friendly bar, that isn't really all that friendly if the wrong crowd comes in and counselling for gay teens. I don't think we'll ever have equal rights here, but if the rest of the world does, then I'm sure we'll follow suit.

pellaz Wrote:The bill has to clear both the state Senate and the House.
Saw this in the local newspaper. I hope it passes, but expect we'll see the same result as last year...

QueenOdi Wrote:Where I live, if two guys were to hold hands, about 70% of the people in the area would probably get mad/shout/become violent towards them.
This is something that ofcourse varies greatly by Country/state/city/region .. Where I live you'd probably get the same thing (or at least some nasty looks from others)

72jay Wrote:This is something that ofcourse varies greatly by Country/state/city/region .. Where I live you'd probably get the same thing (or at least some nasty looks from others)

This is true. I only think it's harder for us here, because we're on a 21sq mile island, where everyone knows each other. No where to hide/get away from it.

Still bad anywhere though, but I guess It's cause I look at you guys out in the US and UK and then look around here and can't help but see how "spread out" the problem is for you guys, however bad. A singing teacher at my old school was fired because he is homosexual and couldn't find a job in any other school because news spreads so quickly here. He eventually just moved abroad, which is what most of us do (even straight people).