Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comeback or ignore?

I guess Dan does have a good point about this thing. However, I have the feeling that bullies have developed. And whatever your reaction is, it may only cause laughter and more teasing. Even ignoring does it.

But I may not be right. There are a few great comebacks in the comments below the video who I am sure work. What do you think? About the video and how to deal with such pricks in general.

I watched about 18 seconds of that. I get the gist of it. I will say that I wish I could make a comeback when someone does call me a derogatory word. I wish I could insult them back and then make them literally cry after saying that. I could be really really verbally strong, it depends.

It's all about timing. A comeback loses most of its effect if I can only think of a good one the following day :redface:

marshlander Wrote:It's all about timing. A comeback loses most of its effect if I can only think of a good one the following day :redface:

So true...
(trying to get it above 20 characters with this)

I was gay in High School...I was also a bad ass LOL...I beat the crap out of one of our fag bashing jocks in front of the rest of them and I figured out the essential element ...do you know what is worse than being gay in high school? Getting your ass kicked by a gay person...it is very shameful for the macho jocks...

I never heard another derogatory word from any of them.

eastofeden Wrote:I was gay in High School...I was also a bad ass LOL...I beat the crap out of one of our fag bashing jocks in front of the rest of them and I figured out the essential element ...do you know what is worse than being gay in high school? Getting your ass kicked by a gay person...it is very shameful for the macho jocks...

I never heard another derogatory word from any of them.

Go, eastofeden! People like you make life better!

My mode of operation is more in the drink pouring department but I ignore often or devise something insultingly witty to say.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

People in high school will make fun of someone they don't like using anything. If the person who says it is one of those usual dicks who just like to say shit, but aren't necessarily violent, I would actually recommend showing them you're tough. Not necessarily with "I'm going to kick your fucking ass", but something like "Good job, dipshit. What don't you know?" Saying something simple as that gets the effect across that you're not the type to back down. And if you're in class when you say this, other kids could hear and the message gets across that you're standing up for yourself and people respect someone like that. That could bring positive attention from tougher kids who could come to respect you and have your back. Then that kid's going to think twice of making comments at you with them around in class. That's what you want in the long run - friends who will take your side against bullies.

I don't know what the average demographics of everyone here's highschool were/are like, but I went to school in a city with a rather large poverty rate. There was a lot of diversity in the type of students at our school and our school had a 57% drop out rate in 2009. And my experience at a school like this (which I actually am glad to have endured such an experience) is to show people that you're real and a friendly person. There will always be the person who isn't going to like you for who you are, so by acting this way you won't be picked on in school because its that kid against the pack.

And as for if the person who is insulting you has a history of violence, just stay away from them. Don't even make a witty comment or even look at them, ignoring them is the safest thing you can do. And avoid them as well. Stay away from isolated places where you could run into them. The worst thing about being "out" in highschool, especially a more conservative one, is that you could be the victim of violence. Hopefully that is not the case for anyone here, but it is common around the world.