Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comet ISON is coming! Are you scared?
Pix Wrote:I lost all concern in the first second when I saw the words "Bible Prophecy." :tongue:

ah I was going to post this.

Also it really doesn't bother me. The closest it will get anytime soon is the 26th of December 2013 (ERMEGERRRRD END OF THE WORLD).

At this point it should barely miss us... (by 39 900 154.4 miles)

I am not going to waste 30+ minutes watching a prophecy video. But by "affected Mars" do you mean flew past it at a distance of 6 737 588.66 Miles?

http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=2012S1;cad=1#cad

I shall hide under my blanky and I shall be safe.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I for one welcome the apocalypse - I'm pretty bored and I would welcome the change.

Seriously, I doubt this comet will do much. I know what comets are, especially (mostly) vapors and gasses coming from a tiny nucleus of hard matter. That nucleus would have to hit the earth to do serious damage. The tail won't do much - at worst take out a few satellites, at best a lovely light show.

I have no idea but I read something about major earthquakes and changes in the planet's magnetic fields.

I survived the Y2K bug I can live threw this. And if not well shit what can I do about?

Bring it.

--

MisterLove Wrote:I have no idea but I read something about major earthquakes and changes in the planet's magnetic fields.

Don't read into crackpots on the internet bro. They are just crazies.

Comets are one of the biggest sources of crap from these people aside from everyday stuff like contrails, zombies, plastic, the government, fluoride, hippies, muslims, gays, well... pretty much 99% of life.

Think of this, the comet C/2010 X1 or Elenin was one of these idiots last big scare. It came pretty close compared to this comet, just over 21 million miles from Earth. Did we die? nope.

Everyone dies anyway in the end, right ? Big Grin
[Image: p2u12.jpg]

HAHAHAHA...asteroid...I laugh at YOU.

MisterLove Wrote:I have no idea but I read something about major earthquakes and changes in the planet's magnetic fields.

Once again matey, don't read conspiracy theories on the internet. It is a waste of time.

HAHAHAHA...conspiracy theorists...I laugh at you