Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comic Sans MS
Do we have any comic sans haters here? Personally, I like Comic Sans in fun and playful contexts. However, it has its place and serious situations are not the time to use it.

I use it all the time. It's clear and very easy to read, especially for dyslexics.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I'd use it all the time, if it wasn't for the fact that I couldn't be bothered having to go to the advanced options every time just to change the font. Personally think font is the last thing that'd be on my mind during a serious conversation... but I guess that's a point.

No. Just no!

Vigilias Wrote:No. Just no!

Not a fan then? Laugh

Comic Sans looks amazing when you add color to it

Althougt I'm a 'graphic' I'm not a hater but I agree with some haters, CS is used too much, randomly.
LONDONER Wrote: It's clear and very easy to read,
Only apparently. Some fonts with a more complicated graphics are easier to read, especially on paper, because they are more distinguishable and less tiring for the eyes, the brain and the memory.
Another tip: 'sans' means 'without'. Without the 'doodles' (The italian technical term of this doodles is 'grazie')

Oh damn. Okay, I am a graphic designer so I do have a few things to say about this horrendous font. Every font has its place, and that includes Comic Sans. The problem with that font is how often it is used way out of its rightful place. Sure, it is fun and childish. Just stop putting it places that don't warrant a fun and childish font. That's all I, and many others, ask.

We were forced to use it in Primary school.

I didn't mind it, but it's just not very pretty.

VileKyle Wrote:Oh damn. Okay, I am a graphic designer so I do have a few things to say about this horrendous font. Every font has its place, and that includes Comic Sans. The problem with that font is how often it is used way out of its rightful place. Sure, it is fun and childish. Just stop putting it places that don't warrant a fun and childish font. That's all I, and many others, ask.

Well sorry, I will continue to use it. Sorry that you don't like it.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams