Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comic books
[Image: comic-book-guy.jpg]

I'm not sure where to put this thread about comics. So I have put it here.

[Image: comic%20book%20collection%20value%20worth.jpg]

Anyone here fans of comic books? I used to read Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog comics, X-Men, Ren & Stimpy, Beavis & Butthead and Spawn. Those are the only ones I can remember.

When I was a kid in the 60s I spent all my pocket money on comics. Life was never the same after I discovered the Legion of Super Heroes. I still have most of those comics. A few years ago I started collecting a Japanese series, Mai the Psychic Girl. It took me years to track down all twenty-eight parts to the story. I also have some Disney comics from the 1940s.

I don't get me started cutieboy, cause you damn well I will not shut up.

I love anime, so have tried to read the manga's but I just dont have the patience Big Grin there too short for my likeing, so I just wait for the new episodes to come out Big Grin

when I was younger I use to love comics like the Beano Big Grin

~D5~ Wrote:... when I was younger I use to love comics like the Beano Big Grin
Now you're talking Smile

But it just ain't the same these days! These characters don't look like they should!

[Image: Beano-today_978351c.jpg]

In France we had three really popular comic book series. One was the Asterix and Obelix series, naturally... the other was Tintin, and then came Lucky Luke (not so well known in Britain, I think)

My comic box
[Image: thecomicbox.jpg]

Now i know what you're thinking Timmy that not really a lot of comic books for a super geek. An thats because form about 04 to 07 i was way into manga an i collected shonen jump.
which looks a little like this
[Image: IMG00101-20100929-1640.jpg]

Awesome collection, Timmy! Thanx for sharing!

Gah, I used to live just for comic books! I wanted to be a comic illustrator when I was a kid. I used to produce my own superheroes and comic books when I was in primary and high school. Heck, I even managed to persuade one of my friends to buy my terrible comic book!

I was into
  • X-Men series
  • The Avengers
  • GEN 13
  • Youngblood
  • Archie Comics
  • Wizard
  • Random comics from Marvel, DC and other companies
  • Tales from the Crypt

I was raised by my parents to read Tintin, Asterix and Obelix, and The Smurfs. Love them all.

When it comes to Japan based comic book, nothing can beat Doraemon. God, my siblings and I waited and bought Doraemon every month like Doraemon was our religion. Don't get me started with the cartoon. Dragon Balls and Dragon Quest followed Doraemon from behind. We patiently took turn to read these comic books.

One of my childhood heroes in comic world was Jim Lee. Oh, oh not forgetting Joe Madureira!

When I was a kid, I used to think Marvel has cooler and greater comics characters, comics and comic teams than DC. DC rocks now. But I don't follow comic books anymore. Nowadays I only read comic books once in a blue moon.

Jay, you made your own comics? I sorta made them when I was around 7-9 years old. They weren't that great or anything.