Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comic books
Comics = Awesome =]

My favourite has to be Asterix and Obelix, it was pretty darn hard to get those in English where I live (I have most the collection in French, waiting for when I force myself to learn the language)

Tin-Tin as well, those were really good, really really good. I also loooveee Archie comics, and I don't know if you all heard, but earlier this year there was a decision to introduce two new characters into certain mini-series and see if they stay, one will be an Indian, and the other >>> a gay character! woot i can't wait to see what they do given it's soo mainstream.

Jay Wrote:Gah, I used to live just for comic books! I wanted to be a comic illustrator when I was a kid. I used to produce my own superheroes and comic books when I was in primary and high school. Heck, I even managed to persuade one of my friends to buy my terrible comic book!

I still create my own books, I just started writing a new project last weekend.

Cutieboy Wrote:Jay, you made your own comics? I sorta made them when I was around 7-9 years old. They weren't that great or anything.

Yep Cutieboy, I started around 10 years old and continued to draw comics until I was 17 years old. Then I stopped.

Mine wasn't great either. My friend and I were both comic enthusiasts. I bought his comic book to show my support and he bought mine. This happened when we were still around 10 years old.

If I remember correctly, I called my superhero team ... drum rolls ... PET2012. I made this superhero group when I was around 13/14 years old. One of the heroes was called Windblade. Windblade has the ability to control the wind and exploit it as a 'sharp deadly' weapon (that looks like a blade) by increasing wind's mph. Uh, do I need to copyright this character? lol

I threw all of of my drawings and comics except for one. Just for memory. I drew this hero guy when I was around 16/17. Clearly I was heavily influenced by Joe Madureira.

[Image: Myhero.jpg]

O, I drew the one below on 2008. Colored in Photoshop. It wasn't part of a comic book or something. Just something random for my portfolio. But it does have a plot/storyline behind it.

[Image: Myhero1.jpg]

When I was 15/16 years old, I also made some saucy comic books. I had this anti hero guy who can control the length and the width of his um, front vital part. Unfortunately my parents found that comic. It was a horror moment. But hey, I'm still alive!

Oh, oh some of my collection. I neatly keep all of my comics in folders.

[Image: Comic1.jpg]

[Image: Comic2.jpg]

That issue of Astonishing X-Men (With Rogue) is still one of my favorites. I read it so many times. Beautifully done.

[Image: Comic3.jpg]

I know a lot of comic enthusiasts hate Rob Leifield (Re: Captain America's boobs). But I love this cover very much. I also love the drawing inside (Not under Liefield's).

Has anyone ever been to San Diego Comic Con? Swoon ...

Quote:I still create my own books, I just started writing a new project last weekend.

Timmy, do you publish them or do you create them as a hobby? Hey, upload them on the net (if you can) so we can read it! At least show us your drawing or something. It would be fun to share.

I remember years ago reading two comics, one called 'Lion' and the other called 'Eagle'. The Eagle had Dan Dare, a space hero. Also remember the 'Beano', with Dennis the Menace. One day I might re-read some of these classics.

Rychard the Lionheart Wrote:I remember years ago reading two comics, one called 'Lion' and the other called 'Eagle'. The Eagle had Dan Dare, a space hero. Also remember the 'Beano', with Dennis the Menace. One day I might re-read some of these classics.
Aah, now if you're talking British comics, I used to get TV Comic every week when I was about five. Later I had TV21 and The Eagle regularly too, but often bought The Dandy, The Beano, occasionally Whizzer and Chips and, if they had a very good free gift, Bunty!! There were some others too ... hmmm Lion, Hotspur ... now what was the comic in larger format with Beryl the Peril in it ... ah yes, The Topper and Beezer was another one that had some useful free stuff Wink

hajime.saitou Wrote:Comics = Awesome =]

My favourite has to be Asterix and Obelix, it was pretty darn hard to get those in English where I live (I have most the collection in French, waiting for when I force myself to learn the language)

Tin-Tin as well, those were really good, really really good. I also loooveee Archie comics, and I don't know if you all heard, but earlier this year there was a decision to introduce two new characters into certain mini-series and see if they stay, one will be an Indian, and the other >>> a gay character! woot i can't wait to see what they do given it's soo mainstream.

Ok I've been meaning to ask this question few days ago but somehow forgotten to do so.

I haven't bought new Archie comics for almost 2 years now and only reread the ones that I have because I was getting annoyed with Archie, Betty & Veronica's love triangle.

Betty used to be one of my favorite characters until I realized how dumb she is. Chasing a guy who doesn't appreciate her and sorry, I love Archie but geez, that guy is so sexist. I followed the comic since I was in primary school and by college, hmphh, there was still no improvement whatsoever with Betty.

So my question obviously, is Betty still chasing that sexist Archie or has she dumped Archie permanently for another guy? I remember there was this one guy who really likes Betty but Betty decided to date both of them as she can't decide.

Had to get in on this thread, nice to see so many geeks coming out of the woodwork!

Watchmen, despite the film, is simply one of the greatest graphic novels I've ever read. Hellboy I have a lot of time for, with sub-par film adaptations Smile got #'s 2,3, and 6.

'Circles' by Scott Fabianek, is a gay furry graphic novel that I would highly recommend to anyone. It's independently made and published through Rabbit Valley who do a lot of good work; it's romantic with underlying drama, but still surprisngly optimistic for something I'd enjoy.

[Image: 5840_101260726553809_100000096458326_361...6647_a.jpg]

I might have seen illustrations or fan art of Circles on Fur Affinity in the past. I'm not entirely sure. The way they're drawn looks highly familiar.

Also remembered these comic books, great stuff.

The wizard of ID - Cartoon strip in a newspaper, then came the books.

[Image: Wiz-il-mago-midi.jpg]

Also the MAD magazines and books.

[Image: Madhk1.jpg]

I just took this test, it was suppose to be for girls only.......but whatevs.

For 25 % you are: Your superhero lover is Superman! He’s the courageous, will-powered guy with a golden heart. You’re more the stubborn type with your own mindset, but you also have a compassionate side like him. You two will really hit it off!

I don't really agree with these test results, I've never been a D.C guy.