Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comic world gets first gay kiss
[img2=left]http://www.gayspeak.com/forum/images/news/gaykisscomic.jpg[/img2]An X-Men-related comic book is the first mainstream title to feature a gay kiss.

X-Factor's 45th issue shows characters Rictor and the previously-possessed Shatterstar sharing a kiss after years of sexual tension and ambiguity.

The title was written by Peter David, who won a GLAAD award in 1999 for his work on Supergirl and Madrox, both of which explored gay and bisexual issues.

Writing on his blog, David thanked readers who praised his courage for introducing same-sex romance in his work.

He said: "Thank you. And no, it’s not a fake out. A number of people seem to be concerned that Star is still under Cortex’s control. Or that Rictor is going to freak out the next panel and say, 'Dude, what the hell?'

"That would be cheap. I don’t do cheap. Okay, sometimes I do, but not this time. I’m not interested in having people say, 'Peter David introduced this and then chickened out'."
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Awsome.

Cry i want a kiss now Cry

As long as its not Batman & Robin. Batman's too good for him Wink