Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comics (The New 52)
So I'm planning on getting into some of the New 52 next year. I know I want to read Teen Titans, Animal Man, and Aquaman. I'm a huge fan of the CW's arrow and flash shows, and have seen bad things about the Arrow comic so I will be staying away from that. I'm thinking about adding the Flash after Aquaman. I'm also a big fan of Batman, but there is way too much Batman to pick just one. Any tips on where to start. I know there is a lot of good old stuff, but I'm just going to stuck with the New 52. If anyone here has read and followed any of these, what are your thoughts on the ones I've mentioned?

Batman's a good choice. Scott Snyder's "Court of Owls" arc is fantastic and the perfect place to start, as is his subsequent "Death of the Family," which is one of the best Joker stories ever. Greg Capullo's artwork is really interesting in it as well.

The new 52 Justice League is fantastic as well, and you get to enjoy Jim Lee's artwork. The DCU movie War is based off of it. That actually might be the best place to start.

Good luck!

I haven't read any of the new 52, but I've heard good things about them.

I did find a 'make over' that someone did of the Wonder Twins, saying they should be in the new 52.

LOL

[Image: 2570077-tumblr_m7zu9npxlf1rt7009o2_500.jpg]
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I'm plannin on picking up some volumes rather than just single comics, and am sad there isn't one of the teen titans, as that's the one I most want. Guess I'll have to wait a bit before I get into that one.

I found I liked the titles featuring Superman the best and Action Comics as well.

Holy crap a hard cover of The Flash Vol 1 is going for 100 and up.... How did that happen? All the others are 20 and under.

Radbot42 Wrote:Holy crap a hard cover of The Flash Vol 1 is going for 100 and up.... How did that happen? All the others are 20 and under.

I blame the TV show.