Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming Out "Etiquette"
I have a two questions regarding the etiquette of coming out.

Should it always be face to face? I told my closest friends face to face but there are less close friends that I would like to tell but I'd rather just text them a short sentence. Just to save me time in my busy schedule, not that I would want to avoid seeing their reaction or whatever. I fear some people on the cusp of my inner circle may feel jilted by just a text message.

Second question: at any point of the coming out process, do you inform the one night stands that you've come out? I've only slept with two guys prior to now and no one else knows about them but I feel they may like to know that had a small part in this. Especially the guy who bent me over the bed, or maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to talk to him again :biggrin:

I definitely think you can inform your sexual partners, your one night stands, especially if you're planning to do more with them. They may welcome the news of your new found self...
As for the acquaintances on the cusp, I think you need to consider what you know of their psyche... put yourself in their shoes, if you can, and wonder how you'd like to find out...
I think texting them would probably be all right since they are not particularly close to you. It is generally more difficult to tell people close to you who have a better idea of who they think you are or were... Those are the people you'd be more worried about disappointing, aren't they?
Good luck, whichever way you decide to do it.

First of all...
I Love King Nicki:biggrin: .

Ahem...

I personally have never had to "come-out" due to the fact that my feminity is outwardly obvious, and it's been that way for as long as I can remember.

But may I suggest just spreading your limbs outward and shouting;

"I'm GAY"

and see what happens then :biggrin: . j/k

I say face to face is important, because it allows you to gauge them and their reaction to the news and for them to realize it's not just some random thing and makes it more real and personal.

As for one night stands... well I don't have those and refuse to, so I can't help you there :biggrin: . I would assume that since your two men sleeping together, it's pretty obvious, unless one or both of you are bisexual or are in the closet still. They should know if your sleeping with them/them you, that theres a tangible attraction to the same sex :biggrin: .

coming out is one thing but resist the need to tell the world since most people dont need or want to know. Most likely their response would be "what ever makes you happy". Are you trying to convert any of them because it is a sexual preference not a religion.

Host a coming out party for your friends if its important they all know.

RainbowAndrew Wrote:... people on the cusp of my inner circle may feel jilted by just a text message ...
yes they would.

RainbowAndrew Wrote:... Especially the guy who bent me over the bed, or maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to talk to him again :biggrin:
now this one needs to know.

Coming out is a personal thing, and how and when you come out is your own personal choice. I don't see anything wrong with sending a text or email, but I think those that are close and most important to you deserve the opportunity of a face to face discussion.

RainbowAndrew Wrote:I have a two questions regarding the etiquette of coming out.

Should it always be face to face? I told my closest friends face to face but there are less close friends that I would like to tell but I'd rather just text them a short sentence. Just to save me time in my busy schedule, not that I would want to avoid seeing their reaction or whatever. I fear some people on the cusp of my inner circle may feel jilted by just a text message.

Second question: at any point of the coming out process, do you inform the one night stands that you've come out? I've only slept with two guys prior to now and no one else knows about them but I feel they may like to know that had a small part in this. Especially the guy who bent me over the bed, or maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to talk to him again :biggrin:

To be quite honest I think there is no right or wrong question to this and everyone's experience is different, personally I told my parents face to face, another guy I knew did it over the phone and my personal favourite was a guy I knew who announced it over a tannoy (loud speaker at work) which made me giggle but he was as mad as a box of frogs. Lol

[Image: dragonfest_0260_1_u18chan.jpg]
That is always the reacting when i tell people I'm gay, its pretty hilarious. i guess it's probably because I'm a 7/8 out of 10 in the "manliness scale"

Lol when I came out to one of my girl friends that I was having confusions. All she said was I had a feeling, where as when I told my best guy friends they where like really dude, ah man..... "pause" (they where high at the time and I was buzzed)...we still love you man. Dont tell people when they are high. And dont tell them when you are drunk or high

RainbowAndrew Wrote:Especially the guy who bent me over the bed, or maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to talk to him again :biggrin:

Always say,

"Please may I suck your c#ck..?" and say your Thank You's after you cum.