Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming Out Isn't Always Traumatic
Since my husband Bryan told his story...(which was very traumatic for him and something that has affected him mentally and physically do this day)...I thought I would tell my story....

Coming out isn't always a traumatic thing....(and my heart goes out to all who have had a bad experience)....mine was a very simple process....

First of all I should say that I at one point was engaged to a woman when I was 17....married a woman..(a different one) when I was 20....and I have 3 children....I've always been the type of person who doesn't give a fuck what people say or think of me....I knew I was bisexual since my earliest memories....when I turned 16.. and knew I wanted to act on these feelings...I basically looked at all my friends and said I'm bisexual...fucking deal with it....and they did....(I was goth at that time and I think most people were scared of me Lol)....

From that moment on I told everyone I met....except my family....until I was 19.....when one night I was drinking....(a favorite pastime of mine still)....called my mother out of the blue at about 2 in the morning....said...hello mother, I need to tell you I'M bisexual...."what do you mean," she asks....."it means I like to fuck both men and women"...was my drunken response.... lol....and since then...I have flown free.... always being who I am...never letting others opinions bring me down...love me or hate me...I live for me...no one else.....----Barry

Glad to hear your coming out process was fairly painless. Smile

It would be so nice if everyone found it so easy.

Mine was extremely easy.....

I was hanging out with the "smart kids"...the "stoners"...and the "eccentric and gay crowd" all at once. I liked the eccentrics and gays the best...the most interesting and fun....

So it occurred to me one morning I was gay...five minutes later I announced it to my entire family at the breakfast table and I was done. I had no angst....

My grandmother's best friends since the 1920s-30s were a lesbian couple who were together there whole lives so I was around lesbians since I was born...and no one cared....they were my "aunts"...I liked them a lot because they had a lot of animals to play with and pet LOL

I am not sure if I believe in astrology or not...never have been...but the guy who did my chart knew my story and he told me how I approached it was because of my Leo thing...and some planets being in some position...I dunno exactly. It was interesting at the time...

Lol....well East.....I'm a Leo too

Mine was not traumatic and was a very easy experience. When I told my parents, they both just accepted it and life went on. My mother told she had known since I was 4. I had no problem introducing my parents to my boyfriends and they considered my previous longterm boyfriend of 7 years a part of the family. My dad has since died, but my mother and her new husband treat my partner as a part of the family. When you see these threads pop up where you are asked to share your coming out experience, I usually do not post because it was just a day of no drama, nothing exciting. There is just not much to tell. I hoping in the future this is the way it is for most everyone.