Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming Out Songs
I thought Frozen was a cute movie, and I liked how there were more shades of gray than usual (for the most part, but it's still a Disney movie) which made it more interesting to me than the story it was based on. Some of the songs seem a bit forced and ill-timed IMO but I did love Let It Go which I'm about to share. I looked it up and saw that it was posted and had this comment:

Quote:ZeldaCat One-Eighty:

I think the song can become an anthem for any LGBT person who comes out.

Is it? I can see how some would relate to it so I thought I'd share:

And it got me curious, what other songs would be good for coming out?

And btw, what's it called when someone burns or records songs for you on tape or CD? (That is to say they choose songs that best describe how they feel about you and your relationship with them and record/burn it to give to you.) It's usually done between lovers (at least girls do it) but I've made some for friends as well. I can't recall what we called them now...but whatever they are, what would be good songs to add to a list to help comfort or congratulate someone on coming out?

This was mine.

I didn't have a coming out song. I did write one though lol.

Anyways I though I'd share this one. Sara Bareilles wrote this song for a gay friend of hers who was struggling to come out.