Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming Out To My BF's Family
When I met my BF's parents...it was also really uncomfortable....but for different reasons....

First off...his father was a semi regular customer at the nightclub AND he didn't hide it at all from his family. He bragged about it and kept asking me at dinner how the club was (I hadn't seen him in for awhile as I changed the shift he used to come in on)...

It was very awkward....

...and that wasn't the worst part. His father and mother were gushing over me ...like they wanted to fuck me...I was dying....and yes...they were swingers as I soon found out.

The first night...his dad kept saying to his mother in the room with the whole family present...
"See...I told you he looked just like Burt Reynolds"....
EEK

In my 20s...I got this Burt Reynolds thing all the fucking time (and I hated him)....mostly from straight women (and men)...like every day...and I had customers at the restaurant bring their friends just to see...it was very uncomfortable. WHAT do you say to people who say that to you? Thanks? Uh....no.....never gonna thank someone for that....

I finally settled on "I wish I had his money" so I would find a way to gracefully exit the awkwardness. BUT...how many times can you say that????? It worked fine in passing.,..but I was stuck there all night. I remember his dad did tell me that at the bar years before as well....

My BF finally rescued me and took me outside...and he told me that they loved Burt Reynolds and that they probably wanted to fuck me....OMG...very blunt...

The cool part was that he knew who and what his parents were...a DEFINITE PLUS for me. It sucks when you have to keep something to yourself or try to tell someone in denial the truth...breath of fresh air for me when I don't have to do either....

They also knew I was spending the night at their house and welcomed me...before he even told them he was gay!

Very weird....

JohnSomebody Wrote:...but the sister and I had become really good friends and she would tease me all the time about being naked in the bed with her...lol

um, what was the sister doing getting in bed and naked with you thinking you were her brother? is that a regular occurrence in their house...?
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Sorry to hear that it didn't go as well as you had hoped for. I would just keep in mind that while they may have launched insults your way, it is more likely the result of shock and disbelief than true feelings of anger at you.

Give them time. His parents will hopefully talk about it, but even so at least one of them will read up on it online and realize that nobody "turned him gay". When they are ready to talk maybe after you guys have dinner together you can ask your bf to suggest that they and he go to PFLAG. Given that they did launch insults your way, maybe it would work out better if you let your bf take the lead after you are all talking again.

meridannight Wrote:um, what was the sister doing getting in bed and naked with you thinking you were her brother? is that a regular occurrence in their house...?

HAHA...This has been the million dollar question during the years we were together....lol...I never understood why she was getting in bed with him like that considering it was a huge house with lots of bedrooms. When I questioned him about that he would laugh and always respond with "Her and I are close and when I am spending the night and she knows I'm there...she would get in bed with me just to talk about whatever is going on in her life...whatever...lol...but yes...that question did come to mind many times...lol