Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming out.
Coming out.
What does that actually mean? From reading it sounds bad and dissappointing, do I have to really Come out if I want to be happy or something? It obviously relative so...yeah.

I will play this under the assumption that you are not clear on what coming out truly means. 'Coming out' means that you acknowledge that you are gay and that you tell those around you. Coming out can be a very happy experience or a very devistating one. It all depends on how people will view you after they know you are gay. Some people will support you, some will insult and try to hurt you, some won't care either way.

You don't have to 'come out' to be happy. I'm 23 and I haven't really come out yet, but I'm not miserable about it. I will come out when I'm ready and you should too.

I think it is probably much easier to come out when you've properly accepted that you are gay rather than straight. Then is really becomes easier to tell others how you feel and who you'd like to date (or marry) etc...

Some guys go through a stage where they prefer to announce that they are bi, thus giving themselves the opportunity to sort out their feelings and also to experiment a bit with both sexes... Some guys are genuinely bisexual (ie being able to feel emotions for and have sex with both sexes) and most of us are, by and large, bisexual to some extent. After that it's life and the opportunities it affords you that can help you to decide whether to go for a gay relationship or a straight one.

it avoids awkward stuff - like your parents talking about girls ...
I also think there is a sense of relief, in that you can breath (and enjoy life without looking around)

Apparently, my mum was waiting for me to say :S

Huike Wrote:Coming out.
What does that actually mean? From reading it sounds bad and dissappointing, do I have to really Come out if I want to be happy or something? It obviously relative so...yeah.

For everybody it is different. It was a huge weight off my soul. Didnt care what teh reaction was - just so happy to be free of the closet. Wish I had done it earlier :biggrin:

Good luck in your decision...

fjp999 Wrote:For everybody it is different. It was a huge weight off my soul. Didnt care what teh reaction was - just so happy to be free of the closet. Wish I had done it earlier :biggrin:

Good luck in your decision...

What age did you do it, Frank?

Hugo Boss Wrote:it avoids awkward stuff - like your parents talking about girls ...
I also think there is a sense of relief, in that you can breath (and enjoy life without looking around)

Apparently, my mum was waiting for me to say :S

Yes, probably, Hugo... mums tend to know these things... they just aren't always ready to hear the words, though... Maybe they are hoping that they didn't bring up their kids to be gay... but it's not really like that.

princealbertofb Wrote:Yes, probably, Hugo... mums tend to know these things... they just aren't always ready to hear the words, though... Maybe they are hoping that they didn't bring up their kids to be gay... but it's not really like that.

My mum would rather I am not gay, but as I am, she accepts and even goes as far as asking if I fancy some boys I see out and about, which is bizzare and a bit :eek:

Decision? Isnt it just if your gay your gay? well for male's but not for females?
And my mom, she knows or waiting? I dont want to hurt my mother...or any tension between her.
Also Im not sure which kinda wacks me up :confused:

princealbertofb Wrote:What age did you do it, Frank?

I think it must have been either 20 or 21... I was out to a few friends but made an announcement at a leadership function. That was really, really weird - coming out to a very large group.

How about you PA? you may have said before but I cant recall...