Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming out
Without meaning to sound rude it sounds as though you should get out more Wink Being computer savvy as you are, might it interest you to find a gay social group? They exist for all sorts of activities and a few in the Birmingham area seem to be listed here.

Real friends can be a lifeline and can last a lifetime. Good luck Confusedmile:

Joe123 Wrote:I'm in a pretty similar situation... I guess itisn't all that different to what most people in here are saying though.

I'm an average kid, pretty clever but not so many friends. I spend most my time working with my computer but recently I've come to see that I'm gay. My main problem is that I don't know who to tell. I don't have anyone very close to me: no friends, distant parents; the only people I really feel close to are on the other side of the world and we only ever talk over the internet.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? I can't carry on like this but I don't know what to do about it.

I agree with Marshy on this

Birmingham is the second largest city in the UK, it has a vibrant gay scene and Brum Pride is in May as well, which is a awash with mixed folk.

I love going to Birmingham and have made quite a few friends there.

How old are you Joe?

Welcome to GS Joe,

Hope you have fun here.
Wavey

Coming out is realy hard I know myself as a teen and out I find myslef with more people around me that love me than every befor. Sure I lost a mate or to but when you come out you find who your real friends are. Your family should love you no matter what, they porbly won't mind. I hace an unchel in his 40's who came out after having kids and he is realy cool. I have a lesbain Aunty shes my Nans least favorite out of her childeren and I'm her least favourite out of her Granchilderen. But I think the POSITIVS WAY outwaigh the negitivs. Im loved By the rest of my family

Love A 16YO gayboi
xox

coming out is really hard thing to do but once you have plucked up the courage and you are out 100 % it will be a massive weight off your shoulders . birmingham has a good gay scene lots of very friendly clubs & bars down hurst street .

Oh well it is a personal decision when we label ourselves and about the key it is in your pocket. I was bullied at school and later my family asked if I was gay, my reply I will tell you on my XX birthday. The day came and my reply was none of your business. However, from that day I have been able to be myself with the support and love of my family.

i worried bout nothin - came out to my friends n everyone has been great, i did it one at a time n even gave them the option of not been a close friend anymore n they all came through for me, lots of these lads are football hooligans with gf or wive's even, not condoning wot they do but we grew up together - im a happier now n they dont treat me any different - think we should give more people credit then we do , hope your friends a cool too