Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming out Pansexual
meridannight Wrote:I don't think it's plausible. A person's gender can be ascertained by their reproductive organs. In cases where that's in disagreement with the person's sense of self, then, neurological findings (although transsexuality is not currently defined by any neurological findings, I am convinced it has to be manifest in the brain for transsexuality itself to have any credibility) and sex hormones.

I also don't agree that gender is a social construct. Gender is biological/physiological (note that I am not calling it genetic). It's something we're born with. Clinical data and neuroscience back this up.

I also just don't like the idea of there being more than 2 genders. I don't like it or want such a reality. I do have a very traditional understanding of gender. All this genderqueering business, it's revolting, honestly. I have a very strong dislike of women, bordering on full misogyny, as is more or less known about me on this site. It's not so difficult to realize how I would find any idea of mixing the masculine gender with the feminine unsympathetic, to say the least.

But my personal aversions aside, just because we can imagine a spectrum, doesn't mean that it's there. I stand by this. I don't find this concept has any credibility. I'll change my mind when I start seeing some coherent studies and trustworthy accounts (not some confused accounts from anonymous adolescents whose brains are not yet fully matured* and who haven't even fully figured out their own identities yet). Also, as long as this stays a minority phenomenon, it is (if there is anything to it, which I am not buying) an exception, rather than the rule.

Say, if a friend of mine felt this way, and he was a mature adult male, not some teenage boy, then I might trust this whole theory more. As of now, I haven't seen anything trustworthy being said about it.

* This is actually a very important point. Brain doesn't fully mature till well in the third decade of life. Until then, people, adolescents especially, have been known to play around with their identities, try out different things and theories of self. It's all part of normal process. That might include gender fluid experiments for some. Which explains it all.

Blood out of a stone. Comes to mind.

I think this debate has run it's course as all parties are going around in circles.

Just need to ad evolution isn't black and white. And if you don't understand that well good for you lol. Here's a cookie.

*Is sitting here trying to figure out what gender has to do with pansexualiy.*

The whole concept of being pansexual is that gender is irrelevant, no matter how many genders one subscribes to existing out there or whether it's a social construct or a biological one.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:*Is sitting here trying to figure out what gender has to do with pansexualiy.*

The whole concept of being pansexual is that gender is irrelevant, no matter how many genders one subscribes to existing out there or whether it's a social construct or a biological one.

Basically I don't care lol.

I like people for who they are than what they are.

Without trying to offend anyone or start a fire, I'm leaning in the same direction as meridannight. As far as I know there are dicks and pussies. Deformaties aside, those are the facts.
I don't care how you look or act, what's between your legs defines your gender, to me. You may feel that your genitals don't feel right and want to swap and that's fine. I wholeheartedly support that (transgender). But this whole third gender stuff is weird.

If somebody would kindly explain to me what being third gender or genderless means, I would appreciate it. I would really like to learn more about this.

Cuddly Wrote:Without trying to offend anyone or start a fire, I'm leaning in the same direction as meridannight. As far as I know there are dicks and pussies. Deformaties aside, those are the facts.
I don't care how you look or act, what's between your legs defines your gender, to me. You may feel that your genitals don't feel right and want to swap and that's fine. I wholeheartedly support that (transgender). But this whole third gender stuff is weird.

If somebody would kindly explain to me what being third gender or genderless means, I would appreciate it. I would really like to learn more about this.

Simple your born with both or no male or female parts, hormones and what not. Generally because of a genetic mutation or defect.

So nothing to do with just waking up one Monday morning a deciding you want to be a male or female.

Not sure why that seems so hard to understand as that's how evolution works. Unless you don't believe in that and believe in creationism lol.

Yeah, maybe say that you are bi for now, then later you can explain to them how you really feel; even better if they have previous knowledge of the term/definition

Cheet0V90 Wrote:Yeah, maybe say that you are bi for now, then later you can explain to them how you really feel; even better if they have previous knowledge of the term/definition

Told my mum funny enough today lol.

She was cool with it.

artyboy Wrote:Not sure why that seems so hard to understand as that's how evolution works. Unless you don't believe in that and believe in creationism lol.

So, do you believe we have another human gender ''evolving'' into existence right now?
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:So, do you believe we have another human gender ''evolving'' into existence right now?

Yeah totally, disabled people with genetic disorders are the new super humans too!!

I didnt say that at all, I was using it as an example. Im not going to write an essay explaining how genetic abnormalities, you will have to do that you self.

Little head start for you;

A genetic disorder is a genetic problem caused by one or more abnormalities in the genome, especially a condition that is present from birth (congenital). ... In other genetic disorders, defects may be caused by new mutations or changes to the DNA.

WGBH Educational Foundation
Jump up ^ Keane MG; Pyeritz RE (May 2008). "Medical management of Marfan syndrome". Circulation. 117 (21): 2802–13. doi:10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.107.693523. PMID 18506019.
Jump up ^ Walker FO (2007). "Huntington's disease". Lancet. 369 (9557): 218–28 [221]. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(07)60111-1. PMID 17240289.
Jump up ^ "Genetic link to 4,000 diseases".
Jump up ^ Williams T. N.; Obaro S. K. (2011). "Sickle cell disease and malaria morbidity: a tale with two tails". Trends in Parasitology. 27 (7): 315–320.
Jump up ^ Kuliev A; Verlinsky Y (2005). "Preimplantation diagnosis: A realistic option for assisted reproduction and genetic practice". Curr. Opin. Obstet. Gynecol. 17 (2): 179–83. doi:10.1097/01.gco.0000162189.76349.c5. PMID 15758612. Retrieved 2009-04-01.
Jump up ^ Griffiths, Anthony J.F.; Wessler, Susan R.; Carroll, Sean B.; Doebley, John (2012). "2: Single-Gene Inheritance". Introduction to Genetic Analysis (10th ed.). New York: W.H. Freeman and Company. p. 57. ISBN 978-1-4292-2943-2.
Jump up ^ Griffiths, Anthony J.F.; Wessler, Susan R.; Carroll, Sean B.; Doebley, John (2012). Introduction to Genetic Analysis (10th ed.). New York: W.H. Freeman and Company. p. 58. ISBN 978-1-4292-2943-2.
Jump up ^ Khan Mohammad Beigi, Pooya; Maverakis, Emanual. http://link.springer.com/10.1007/978-3-319-17819-6. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-17819-6. External link in |title= (help)
Jump up ^ Wade, Nicholas (January 29, 2006). "Japanese Scientists Identify Ear Wax Gene". New York Times.
Jump up ^ Yoshiura K; Kinoshita A; Ishida T; et al. (March 2006). "A SNP in the ABCC11 gene is the determinant of human earwax type". Nat. Genet. 38 (3): 324–30. doi:10.1038/ng1733. PMID 16444273.
Jump up ^ Milunsky, edited by Aubrey (2004). Genetic disorders and the fetus : diagnosis, prevention, and treatment (5th ed.). Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press. ISBN 0801879280.
Jump up ^ "Diagnostic Tests – Amniocentesis". Harvard Medical School. Retrieved 2008-07-15.
Jump up ^ Ginn, Samantha L.; Alexander, Ian E.; Edelstein, Michael L.; Abedi, Mohammad R.; Wixon, Jo (February 2013). "Gene therapy clinical trials worldwide to 2012 - an update". The Journal of Gene Medicine. 15 (2): 65–77. doi:10.1002/jgm.2698.
Jump up ^ Verma, I. M. (22 August 2013). "Gene Therapy That Works". Science. 341 (6148): 853–855. doi:10.1126/science.1242551.

artyboy Wrote:Little head start for you;

A genetic disorder is a genetic problem caused by one or more abnormalities in the genome, especially a condition that is present from birth (congenital). ... In other genetic disorders, defects may be caused by new mutations or changes to the DNA.

Yeah, I'm not a fucking imbecile. I know what a genetic mutation/abnormality is and what it does. Save your snide remarks for someone who was born yesterday.
''Do I look civilized to you?''