Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming out Pansexual
How do you explain to people that you are pansexual?

Well I've come to the realisation that I'm pansexual. I don't have issues with transgender m/f or non binary genders people and love looking at women and of course I love guys. Love tall guys with beards lol.

I'm chatting and hoping to date a non binary gender person at the moment.

What are peoples opinion on this subject?

Well some people have not heard of pansexual, so might be easier to say you're gay or bi possibly. I mean as much as we feel obligated to educate the masses, most people probably don't care. Other that do care well why bother associating with them. Me personally I don't feel that I need to tell everyone down the hall that I'm gay and I work with someone who is trans... I even have trouble with all the terms and labels and what they mean. All I know is to each their own, do what makes you happy just don't step on my shoes lol

Other people are going to be confused, misunderstand, scared or down right think you're a spawn of satan. So just depends on who you plan on telling. I think a lot of people aren't going to know what that means. Some people don't even know what gay means, they have an idea but they might not quite grasp it.

Anyway, that's the best I can do for now. I might not even have Pansexual right either lol
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Can I get a definition because I'm always getting confused. Does pansexual basically mean that you're attracted to all genders including trans?

axle2152 Wrote:Well some people have not heard of pansexual, so might be easier to say you're gay or bi possibly. I mean as much as we feel obligated to educate the masses, most people probably don't care. Other that do care well why bother associating with them. Me personally I don't feel that I need to tell everyone down the hall that I'm gay and I work with someone who is trans... I even have trouble with all the terms and labels and what they mean. All I know is to each their own, do what makes you happy just don't step on my shoes lol

Other people are going to be confused, misunderstand, scared or down right think you're a spawn of satan. So just depends on who you plan on telling. I think a lot of people aren't going to know what that means. Some people don't even know what gay means, they have an idea but they might not quite grasp it.

Anyway, that's the best I can do for now. I might not even have Pansexual right either lol

Hmmm I've encountered some people that have some sick ideas on what pansexual just because it starts with the letter p of all things. Won't say what they called me but you probably can guess.

I was only planning on telling you guys and people I know will understand the term pansexual. I'm not a fan of labels either.

I'm happy to class myself as bi but with gay tendencies. Hmmm even that has pit fulls I know.

I thought I would come out on here as it might help others in similar situation.

TigerLover Wrote:Can I get a definition because I'm always getting confused. Does pansexual basically mean that you're attracted to all genders including trans?

Yes and non binary genders (people born with both male and female parts and assign a gender).

What I get out of what you're saying is that you're attracted to the person, another human being, and gender labels don't apply. Being truly pansexual seems like an evolved way of being.

However, Spell-Check apparently doesn't agree lol, it's highlighting, underlining and generally rejecting the word pansexual. Some of it's suggestions are "pansies" and "pansear".

I guess that society still has a ways to go...

I don't understand it. If you're a man and you like men, you're a homosexual. If you like women, you're heterosexual. If you like both, you're bisexual. There are no other options.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:I don't understand it. If you're a man and you like men, you're a homosexual. If you like women, you're heterosexual. If you like both, you're bisexual. There are no other options.

Well there as there are more than two genders. Just because you have been brought up to believe the world is flat it doesn't necessarily be right.

The world isn't black and white there is gray too lol.

artyboy Wrote:Well there as there are more than two genders. Just because you have been brought up to believe the world is flat it doesn't necessarily be right.

The world isn't black and white there is gray too lol.

No there aren't. Gender is not a continuum, it comes in discrete values of which there are only two. And you can't be both or neither. Not buying that.

Just because some people think they are a whole gender on their own doesn't make it so. Some people just have an identity crisis, if you asked me, and confuse wishful thinking with actual reality of things.

For every such confused individual, it is possible to determine whether they are biologically male or female. Ergo, there is no middle ground. It's in their imagination only.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:No there aren't. Gender is not a continuum, it comes in discrete values of which there are only two. And you can't be both or neither. Not buying that.

Just because some people think they are a whole gender on their own doesn't make it so. Some people just have an identity crisis, if you asked me, and confuse wishful thinking with actual reality of things.

For every such confused individual, it is possible to determine whether they are biologically male or female. Ergo, there is no middle ground. It's in their imagination only.

How small minded. You do know some people are born with both male and female parts. Please tell how a foetus can just think that up lol.

So your actually straight then you just think your gay or bi. Lol bit I I just think I'm disabled lol. Hmmm lol.