Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming out at 35
colinmackay I am the exact same age as you. I have just realized that Ive been lying to myself my hole life and like you feel I have wasted to much of my life by doing that.
I don't any longer feel weird about having to deal with this at 35 tho. Not now I read stuff here.
And not just in this thread.
I have had the same problem on the net in that all the gay stuff seems to be geared towards younger peeps. It is a relief to find a place like this. it makes me feel better to see all ages here.
Also makes me feel much moor sure of myself to know that other guys come out later in life.
I don't have any kids and have been single way to long. So I do feel Ive lost out on life cos of it. But I guss you have to look to the future not the past.

Ive just come out and i'm 40 , I keep thinking to myself if only i'd done it before , and just think of all that sex i missed out on ,Laugh1 but then if I'd had come out before my life would have been different , wouldn't have my kids . Things happen for a reason . The time was right for me , lost 5 stone in weight so gained self confidence overcame a serious illness , was having probs in my marriage so my identity issues got stronger etc . Then someone said to me "you only go one life" so i guess it was now or never

Congrats on coming out. Smile

Got to tell my in laws this week and i aint looking forward to it

I have known since 15 that I was Gay, or actually Bi at the time. I considered and somewhat accepted myself as being Bi up until 29, when I dated my first guy, and realized that I was Gay.

It is not an easy process. However, I have found that I am comfortable with my 'outness' (to close friends at the moment). I may come out more as my life goes on, but I am comfortable with the fact that only those close to me know, and that I don't have to wear my sexuality on my sleeve.

However, there are those that are not comfortable, and are confused as to what they want. I really feel for those, and have no problems discussing their comfort and confusion, and hope that my own perspective helps gain insight to those who are questioning themselves.

We all love who we love, no matter what - Gay, Lesbian, Bi, etc., it does not really matter in this day and age. What matters most is what you have in your heart. If it was not for the close friend I met three years ago to help me realize this, and realize that my love for Men, and the yearning to have a lifelong connection with another Man, I don't know where I would be.

I'm 26 and still not completely out of the closet with most of my family (mostly my father because we don't really have a close relationship and talking about anything person is just not something that we do...). However, I did come out to my very close family (mother, brother, sister, and a few close friends) right after high school, it was my first or second year, and I was probably 18 or 19 and it was a good experience overall.

So, I'm happy that you're completely out and hopefully I can very soon gather the courage and will to come out completely myself. Smile

Coming out late is much better than never, I believe. Coming out is an achievement.

I hope my time to come out completely, sooner or later, will arrive as well.

Congrats mate!

Incredible story! I knew of my homosexuality back when I was in my teens. I did not come to terms with it until I was 23. Amazingly, I came out to my best friend (he was my best friend and is gay, he even called me his BFF) and then we got into a relationship that day! That story will be for another time though.

Like some people say, it's not unusual for people coming out at around your age. I thought that 23 was really something. Well, I read one case where someone didn't come out until they were around 65 or so.

Cutieboy Wrote:...Well, I read one case where someone didn't come out until they were around 65 or so.
More than one case of that, sadly.

I am willing to come out in ur age as well
dont worry