Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming out at 35
I am willing to come out in ur age as well
dont worry

Just realised that it is now one year to the day since I came out to my sister. (I'd managed all my closest friends already by this point, but this was the first family member).

It was, as I recall, an interesting conversation. She managed to by highly critical of me. Not because I was gay, but because I hadn't come out sooner. After all, we had a gay uncle, why should I feel the need to hide in the closet? (Guilt trip city!) Unfortunately, because of that conversation I put off telling my uncle for almost another 3 months. When I did he was very supportive and didn't mind that I hadn't said anything.

Anyway, in that year I've managed to find my way in the world. I have a wonderful boyfriend now and things are going well. There is still a lot to work through, I think, but the biggest step has been taken and I am heading in the right direction with my life.

Thanks for the advice I've received over the last few months, I'm sure I'll be asking more questions in the future. I still have a few things to get my head around. Mostly with regard to working out whether I'm doing something because I genuinely want to or because I feel expected to do that.

No matter what age you are its always going to be hard. And some people , even lots of people will reject you or freak out about it. Theres no avoiding it Sad but 30 or even 40 dosent seem so bad a time to come out hehe, lots of younger guys love older guys lol so you dont have to feel like you waited to late or wasted years of your life. Smile