Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming out at work
megumidesu Wrote:good luck Smile

Thank you,because of my age I am bound to get asked if I am married or have a girlfriend ,I no longer want to lie or pretend to be someone I am not.
I am a gay man and proud of that.

Congratulations!

I wonder sometimes if coming out at work is worthwhile. I certainly intend in my nursing jobs after school, but RIGHT NOW?

Your story is nice though. Hope it stays good for you Smile

What I don't understand how you can have a 12 year relation and then people still don't know your gay. Don't you never talk about your bf? I ve Always been open about my relation, and peopole don't care that i am gay and react always normal.

If i'd have mentioned my partner it would have give the game away abit. It wasnt easy but all thats over now

wow - that helped me so much ,,im out to everyone but only to a few at work,,, weve been doing bike rides with work mates and one lad is proper hammering "your lass this,,, your lass the other" im 70% they all know anyway ,but him =

Hmmm, do they know at work, talk about gs there, have coexist on tool box, have equality sticker on tool box, and don't deny anything, but do my job and go out of my way to make sure everything works, yes get along with 99%, the 2 religious zealots, well, let us not take abbout them, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

maybe one day I'll have the guts to do that. my coworkers started playing 20 questions with me as soon as I started my new job. I'm definitely not ready to come out now being new and all but it seems the same in any work environment with a lot of males working together. I have heard of one out gay guy there but he's the loud and obnoxious type and he keeps trying to flirt with other guys even if he knows they're straight. I don't understand how people I just met feel that comfortable asking questions so personal.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Good for you! Honestly, they were probably trying to be helpful, to let you be yourself. And now you are!! As you said yourself, it is nobody's business but yours. I don't think anybody cares who we sleep with.