Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming out history and need an advice!
Will101 Wrote:I just want to know what you guys will do. Should I be patience with my mother, ? How can I explain her I. A way that sue can understand that I CAN'T change... She also thinks that my siblings will be sad because I am gay. But guys.. Trust me. MY SIBLINGS KNOW, or at least so it coming. She sees this as something, after all. I just hope to change her mind.

Is she willing to attend some therapy sessions with you that would help her to understand your side of things?

It sounds like the therapist has a good handle on the situation. You might want to ask her help in getting your mother to understand.

Will101 Wrote:I just want to know what you guys will do. Should I be patience with my mother, ? How can I explain her I. A way that sue can understand that I CAN'T change... She also thinks that my siblings will be sad because I am gay. But guys.. Trust me. MY SIBLINGS KNOW, or at least so it coming. She sees this as something, after all. I just hope to change her mind.

Find her one of those parent of gays support groups.

Hmm either way, the psychologist will come to the conclusion that you wont be able to become straight, whether you want to go through it or not is entirely up to you, though you should make it clear to your parents that it wont work, tell her you did some research and that a load of gay people went and came out from therapy still gay. My parents were like yours, tho kept saying if it doesnt work they dont want anything to do with me, count yourself lucky Smile! I actually considered going to therapy just for them too at first, but i made it clear that it wont change a thing, ended up making them do their own research and finding out the same. I know your happy being gay and stuff, but they need to themselves its not a choice but just part of what you are Smile.

Will101 Wrote:I was thinking just the same as you twisttheleaf I will be looking for a therapist who can help me make my parents understand all of this. And if they go I will go.
And yeah ETOTE I thought of that too... Like... She said all those nice words and then just screw it all with the psychologist theme... But I guess that she's just worried about my future and not having kids stuffs... But I am being patience... She's nee in all of this.. But she will have to adjust if she wants me to stay.
My behavior was like that cuz I wanted to be the one who tells my dad... Not her... She didn't even ask me before doing that.. I locked the door cuz I was mad at her... Duh... Lol.
And I was in her room cuz I was using her bathroom lol.
Sooo I have to find a psychologist to help me.

Consider that your Mom told your Dad because.....they have a relationship, and have been in love longer than you've existed. Personally, I think what she did, telling him, was fine.

If you are seeing the side of mom who loves you and wants to accept you AND the side who has different wishes for you because of her on lack of understanding and acceptance you are VERY LUCKY to see all of who she is instead of just the part she shares. Rejoice in the great situation even though it does not mean it is easy. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have had all the different sides of my parent's thoughts, feelings and beliefs instead of just my dad's surface indifference because he was afraid to let others see he really embraced my sexual preference or just my mom's gushing "love" used as a barrier to hide her actual disdain that took so long to "get to" and "work through" to have real genuine relations. Sadly she died before she had a chance to make peace for herself about it. Dad's 73 and still working on it, but much improved over the years as his social life has slowed down.

Best wishes GS friend! You'll be such a better person for the effort and struggle. Wavey
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart