Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming out letter - Advice
First, it's really nice and from the heart. I sympathize with most of what you wrote. GOOOD for you, that you've finally found the courage!

I would also stress the fact that it cannot be changed and there's something else: I think a parent who would hear about her son being 'bisexual' might tell him that if it makes no difference to him - boys or girls, he must choose girls. You should tell her you will do whatever you feel right. If a guy comes along - so be it. Otherwise, she would cling to the fact that you like girls as well and would pester you to find a girl / try to play match-maker.

bicollegeguy21 Wrote:We had some time alone tonight so I gave her the letter and I told her to read it then I went to living room. I sat on the couch, shaking, waiting for her to come in. After a few minutes, she came in and hugged me and we both started to cry. She told me she doesn't care if I'm bi, gay, or straight. The only thing that matters is that I'm happy and she'll love me no matter what. She said of course she knew I wasn't straight and she was just waiting for me to tell her.

She asked me if there were any guys that I like and I said yes. There's a guy that I've been seeing for a few weeks and he makes me happy. I've never felt like this before. She smiled and said she would like to meet him if I'm ready for it.

I'm so relieved. I couldn't be happier right now Smile

Wow!! I'm so happy for you...! You know, it's funny how some guy I've never even met can write something that would bring about such emotional reaction out of me. I am so happy it ended well, or shall I say "started well", as you're just beginning your gay / bi life now.

Tell us more about that guy you're seeing... How is he like? How old is he? What do you do together? For how old have you been together...?

WOW! What you wrote is SO sweet!

About three different lines you wrote:

zeon Wrote:because with a mother or one like mine you can comment on other guys and what you think whether it be a yay or a nay...

just realeasing yourself from a prison..

Its natures way of controlling the population on the world...

1. You and your mom do it too? - I was amazed the first time I made comments about guys and she played along. It was so awesome, I couldn't believe it!
My mom's so awesome for doing that, she's the best!

2. That was exactly what I felt - like I was litterally being let out of prison. It's amazing how you chose that wording - "just releasing yourself from prison".

3. That's a nice way to look at it... I've never thought about it, even though telling your mom you're doomed to die alone might not be the best course of action :-)

KISSES...