Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming out to a best friend
I think the idea trapping him in a car for 3 hours is rude. How about meeting him out for dinner, coffee, or drinks and telling him then?

I also agree the others here - you should not or expect him to keep this a secret from his wife.
Use a condom.

drobs Wrote:I think the idea trapping him in a car for 3 hours is rude. How about meeting him out for dinner, coffee, or drinks and telling him then?

I also agree the others here - you should not or expect him to keep this a secret from his wife.

Some interesting points [MENTION=14205]drobs[/MENTION].

That could make for a potentially awkward journey- not in a bad way necessarily, but people react differently. In a restaurant he might excuse himself from the table for 5 and process the info and come back and be "that's cool mate...". In a car he might feel cornered.

Yeah, he might not be able to keep it from his wife. When I told my best mate, by phone, his girlfriend knew straight away as she had to pick his jaw off the floor as his old university wingman told him that. They both drove a long way to see me the next day- so people can be great!

I would have to agree with [MENTION=14205]drobs[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24253]Zen[/MENTION] in saying that it is a bad idea to trap him like that....he may want to walk away and collect his thoughts after you come out to him, so inside a moving bullet might not be the best idea for either of you.

Thanks to everyone who posted a reply. I have come out to my friend. I didn't do it by letter or during our car trip together. I did it face to face where he had plenty of opportunity to walk away. He took it really well and says he feels that it has brought us closer together. He said if I ever need to talk about anything he will be there to listen. This is more than I could have hoped for and is a huge relief to me.

Great to hear! So glad it worked out!

So who are you going to tell next? lol

I'm glad this had a happy ending 1luvu

Good to hear Mike!
Use a condom.

So glad to see this story had a happy ending Big Grin

Just know, Mike, that it is never too late to fall in love, so your age and virginity should not be obstacles to finding a relationship, if that's what you want out of life. Knowing you are gay and being able to embrace it is a strong relief, and given how long you've been bottling it up, it must have been quite an emotional experience.

Aren't you glad we live in a world where this is less frowned upon? Very glad for you that your friend took it well, and that he's ready to back you up and listen to your woes and worries. That's very precious.