Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming out to my sister this weekend
Thank you guys so much for the support!
I told her tonight before having dinner with my family. She was in shock for the most part..she cried and didn't know what to say. She told me that she can't accept my decision, but she'll always love me and be there for me.
Its a really good feeling and I feel a lot of stress being lifted off of my shoulders. Hopefully now we can be closer and have fun lol.
Thanks guys Smile

I'm glad to hear it went...kind of well! I think that she will be able to accept it in time...

When I told her we agreed to keep it a secret. Well she went to church and told her pastor, and now he wants to speak with me. On top of that, she's been really dramatic about the whole thing, and my parents know that I told her a secret and they think I got a girl pregnant.
>_<
I plan on telling my family sooner than I thought I would..only because my sister didn't react the way I hoped.
God why does being attracted to someone of the same sex have to be so taboo? Its no big deal why all the drama

i want to tell my sister, but im so scared of what just happened to you... i wish thee best of luck to you!

Robbie Wrote:When I told her we agreed to keep it a secret. Well she went to church and told her pastor, and now he wants to speak with me. On top of that, she's been really dramatic about the whole thing, and my parents know that I told her a secret and they think I got a girl pregnant.
>_<
I plan on telling my family sooner than I thought I would..only because my sister didn't react the way I hoped.
God why does being attracted to someone of the same sex have to be so taboo? Its no big deal why all the drama

I suspect it's because families are more drama queens than gays can be, lol... Otherwise, how could you account for the popularity of series and soap operas???

Your sister will get over it. She's still young and probably immature, which is why she didn't keep it a secret from her pastor... It wasn't her place to tell him after you'd agreed to keep it a secret. I would suggest that you speak to her about her promise to keep it secret, that she evidently didn't keep and hope it doesn't lead to anything bad for you. She let the cat out of the bag, but maybe you knew she wouldn't be able to keep her mouth shut. Did you?
What exactly did you expect when telling your sister who you were attracted to? Did you want her to stop calling you a "fag", even jokingly? Did you expect to get a little more respect from her?
Marshlander put up a very interesting link in the Bible thread that is currently active amongst these threads, If she has any queries, you might like to direct her to that page. It's an interesting read for anyone who is a believer in the Bible.
ref: http://www.gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=17080

This was the interesting article your sister might like to read; It's mostly about God, rather than homosexuals.
http://www.soulforce.org/resources/what-...sexuality/