Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming out to parents
when i told my mom... she said "i all ready knew"
felt so goood

BTW my mom stopped seeing me for over a decade.. that was the odd thing about it

endimion Wrote:BTW my mom stopped seeing me for over a decade.. that was the odd thing about it
You haven't seen your mum since you were fifteen? I am sorry to hear that :frown:

endimion Wrote:when i told my mom... she said "i all ready knew"
felt so goood
sammmmeeee here

you're in the same situation I was lol!
except my father was the one that used to say how awkward it was when he saw a gay couple (I even remember him doing like a disgusted gesture about it once) that's why it was so hard for me to come out.
but they were all really supportive about it, they even told me they all had talked about it before and stuff lol. besides, they probably already know thanks to your sis Tongue

Hey everyone! Soooo big news! I finally worked up the courage to tell my mom last night! She took it fairly well. There were a lot of tears and yes she did say she was disappointed but she would get over it and it took her a good 20 minutes before she was ready to see a picture of my boyfriend. But all that aside, she told me that she would always love me and support me no matter what, even though this wasn't her first choice for me. There were a few other things discussed like the possibility that my feelings might change (which I assured her they were not) and the whole gay-stereotyped HIV thing. But all in all, I just think she needs time to process everything and it will be okay. Now to tell my dad! Hopefully more news to come on that soon!

Well hell yeah, congrats. Sounds like stuff my mom would say. =P

Well done, blw12. Glad that chat with your mum seemed to go okay.

My parents were really horrible about it. Jerks.

My mom told me she wished she'd had an abortion, and my dad cried for the only time in his life I'd ever seen him cry.

Then they were jerks about it for about 6 more years. But then I stopped coming home for Christmas and stuff. Then they started slowly being nicer about it. Now we have a great relationship. Now they ask about who I'm dating and tell me they're proud.

Your parents will either accept you immediately or not. But they will probably EVENTUALLY accept you.

The real value of coming out is this: YOU get to accept YOURSELF.

Beautful boy. Tell your parents. If they can't be proud of you immediately, then you'll learn something very valuable - how to be proud of yourself.

If you're confident they'll accept you then tell them. I told my mom and I left for a week for it to settle in. I'm back home and everyone still loves and accepts me. I was scared of being rejected but I wasn't. I mean sure my mom probably still thinks I'm gonna die young but she still loves me as her son