Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming out to the Fam
I want to share my story with you all! I Have always known of my sexuality for as long as I can remember. In middle school and high school I kind of just ignored it thinking it was some sort of phase but it wasn't. I've always been a loner and in high school I wanted friendship. I found an amazing group of people, but when it came to relationships i sort of just shrugged it off. My friends and family were not homophobic, but i never really met someone who was gay, I was surrounded by heterosexual and I was afraid of being different. I was 21 when I fist came out to my sister, mom and dad. 22 to my friends.

Last year was a pretty hectic year for my family and I, we lost our home and had to live with my grandma for a while. It was not a very happy time I had a lot of anxiety about random stuff as well. I remember everyday after work I would come home and watch Ellen on YouTube. Ellen is my biggest inspiration and I look up to her dearly. She really helped me come to terms and accept who I really am. For the first time ever I said the words "I'm gay" aloud to myself.

One day on the way to work I was acting depressed and my mom was very upset with me saying I was being spoiled and acting like a brat worrying over random stuff that I shouldn't be worrying about. I wanted to curse her out so bad but something else happened instead. I completely broke down and cried the hardest I have ever cried in my entire life.

Being the overprotective mother she is, she was freaking out asking me if I was going to be okay and what was wrong with me. I said, "Mom I have to tell you something, I'm I'm." Shes like "your what!?" Then I said "I'm I'm I'm," crying my face off. She responds with "are you gay!?" When she said that I nodded my head and sobbed. My mom said the most coolest thing to me then. "She said oh honey I know you are! I know my children! I'm not worried about you being gay, I thought you were like freaking dying." I was happy she was very understanding and accepting for who i was but I had to go to work just a few minutes later.

I was very sad and distracted at work that day. My mom told my dad and sister when she got home. I received a text from my sister on how much she loved me and it put me into tears. At the end of my shift my dad was going to pick me up from work and when i got in the car more tears came out. My dad does not act like your average father figure, hes a sensitive man. My dad was very cute he was crying and he felt really bad i hid it for so long but the funniest thing he said to me was this. "I'm very happy for you buddy, but I don't know how to give you advice." I was cracking up its like dad I just want you to accept me that's all I want from you.

My family took it very well, they were probably more accepting of it then me. It took me a couple of months to be comfortable with myself, but the hardest things in life can be our best moment in life! I know there are people out there who do not accept who we are and people who do vicous things to other just for being LGBT. Don't ever frown upon who you are and do not let any one take that most important inch from you. This quote has helped me a lot in my darkest points in life. Its from an amazing film called V for Vendetta. A woman named Valerie writes this letter after she is arrested for being lesbien and it states "Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch.

But one.

An inch.

It is small and it is fragile, and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I hope that - whoever you are - you escape this place. I hope that the world turns, and that things get better.

But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that even though I do not know you, and even though I may not meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you: I love you.

With all my heart.

I love you.

-Valerie."

Very warming story and messages here, thanks for sharing!

Wow! My mother disowned me in all but law. So yeah. I'm good you have a good relationship.

Your family is awesome. I've never met them and I love them.

Thanks guys! I'm very blessed and very lucky. Other people do not have the luxury which makes me incredibly sad. Hearing these stories of suicide and hate crimes is such a horrible thing to do to a human being its digusting!

I'm going to school for film and video editing. Yeah I'm a YouTube nerd haha. I don't know how, but now I want to create videos too inspire and help those who are LBGT or just outcasts. The closet can be a very dark place to be in, for those suffering I want to let them know everything will be ok. There are people out there who will love you for you and who will not judge you.

I have to say, Im not one to be jealous...

But after reading this

"Being the overprotective mother she is, she was freaking out asking me if I was going to be okay and what was wrong with me. I said, "Mom I have to tell you something, I'm I'm." Shes like "your what!?" Then I said "I'm I'm I'm," crying my face off. She responds with "are you gay!?" When she said that I nodded my head and sobbed. My mom said the most coolest thing to me then. "She said oh honey I know you are! I know my children! I'm not worried about you being gay, I thought you were like freaking dying." I was happy she was very understanding and accepting for who i was but I had to go to work just a few minutes later. "

I am ALL SORTS of jealous!!!!

And tell your mother she gets this...

[Image: mother-of-the-year-award-2.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSThb9Qj2ufBBNttWIaWNh...QssFxnmrGb]

^^^^^^^^^^

awwww thank you! Yeah my family isn't overly religious about things. They do believe in god but in a natural spiritual sort of way. Not a judging god but a loving god. For me though, I'm really unsure, lifes a journey and that answer will be answered when I pass on ya know.

Great story thanks for sharing it.

Yeah my family and I lost orr home but now we've got a new one. My extended would not understand and i frankly don't care what they think. I just recently came out to my closest friends. I was the most nervous telling them but I feel like our relationship has grown greatly. I have this huge crush on this guy at work. Hes so cute, nice, shy and I can't get him out of my mind! I never had these sort of feelings for anyone before and I had to tell someone. I told my understanding friends first and they were sooo supportive. I told my best friend, it took her a second to comprehend what was going on, but she stopped and said, "Oh my god! GUESS WHAT!? WE CAN TALK ABOUT BOYS =D." I literally laughed out load to that. The hardest part is telling my straight friend. Hes always been a little brother to me and i never thought of him in a sexual sort of way. When it comes to being goofy and chilling we have a blast, but in an in depth conversation, not so much.

Hes not religious or anything he just acts like your typical straight boy making gay slurs and a man needs to be manly and stuff. Its a work in progress but I'm getting there to telling him.