Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Communal changing rooms
I Enjoyed Staring Around The HS Locker Room. I Was Also A HS Student At That Time

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Us older folk were a product of forced Locker Room showers in Physical Education. As such we don't have the embarassment factor the kids have who have been coddled and carried through life as if they are fragile glass.

Well I had mandatory post PE Locker Room showers. I still won't think about using communal changing rooms ever again in my freaking life. No, no, no.

Granted, I don't get as nasty smelling as some other folks, so I can pull off the put on deodorant and that's enough until I get home for shower.

It depends of the folk, me thinks.

I hated gym in Highschool, cause all the boys wanted my slender body :crying-and-sorry-li

But seriously, how can you ever hope to stay on there long enough to even consider being Modest or not. I can never stand the smell.

Especially after Track field exercises oh gawd! Hypnotized-smiley

It was kinda weird for me, cause I've always known I liked guys and so besides the guy who I had a crush on(and eventually became "boyfriends" with-long story)who was always in the gym period before mine! So I'd see him changing to leave while I was going in to change for Gym) I always felt like it was wrong for me to be in there.

So I wasn't ashamed of my body, but I was just respecting the privacy of others. Especially because I am gay and it just makes sense. So I got in and got out as fast as possible :I

I was there before the bell to get changed and was changed by time the bell rang for lunch/next period.

I used to be really embarrassed about showering around other people, so I would cover myself as much as possible or wait until I got home to shower. Then I joined the military. Now I don't really give a damn anymore.

MisterTinkles Wrote:I got written up several times because I refused to get naked in public.

My young brain can't grasp the absurdity of this concept. 'Murica is terrified of nudity unless it's children :biggrin:

Last time I got naked in front of people was when my doctor had to stick his finger up my ass. Before that was skinny dipping at a friend's pool. His mom and her boyfriend were naked too. They were submerged and it was dark outside. I promise it wasn't that weird.

I wouldn't do it with people I don't feel comfortable around.

When I was little it was a huge issue. I used to set up the towel to shield myself from others or dash to the stall.

Now I don't care.

I go in, change as quickly as possible, leave. By not treating it like an issue it becomes not an issue.

I still don't LIKE changing rooms though.

Its the funniest thing, especially cause of where I live, I go bare chested when at the beach right, but when I change and shit, I cover up my whole body and cover my chest like I got Tits! >,>

My friend laughed at me and threw her bra in my face and I cried a lil :<

Cause I was worried about my tits....
Forgive-me-smiley

Sylph Wrote:Its the funniest thing, especially cause of where I live, I go bare chested when at the beach right, but when I change and shit, I cover up my whole body and cover my chest like I got Tits! >,>

My friend laughed at me and threw her bra in my face and I cried a lil :<

Cause I was worried about my tits....
Forgive-me-smiley

xD that comment made my day

I guess from my experience, 50% of guys do "the towel" thing, and 50% don't seem to be bothered.

I've never been particularly worried by nudity. To me there's one of two things: Either the other person won't be interested, in which case it doesn't matter what they see, or they will be, in which case I'm flattered if they have a good look!

I'm shy about my body, mostly cause I don't like my body, I'm an average size, I used to be thin blahblah and I always wanted to start workout... A stupid thing but every time I decided to start I had some kind of issue... Undecided
Maybe in the future. But I don't think it would be comfortable for me staying naked in a place with many people...
It reminds me the topic about the self-confidence...