Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compliments are Nice
Today I decided to wear my corset just because I felt like it. I've been insulted for it before, even called a whore by a teacher, but I really don't care because I wear so many layers that I still consider myself to be pretty modest.
ANYWAY
I was walking with my friend Ashley from getting lunch at the Burger King next to the community college we attend, and this lady just calls me over and proceeds to compliment my corset! I did my usual deer in the headlights, BUT I also found myself smiling at the same time. I told her it was a corset I got from a renaissance faire. She told me I looked great and that she loved it and I just feel great!

With my story being said, I have a question!

When was the last time you were complimented, and what was the compliment?

Yesterday. The compliment was "sweet". I did absolutely nothing to deserve it though - someone said something and I stared at them confusedly. That's literally all I did :o

I have a love/hate relationship with compliments. On one hand I want people to think nice things about me, but as soon as they say those things to me I'll start wishing they hadn't :o

That's nice, Rae, thanks for sharing. I know for some it may be just a little thing, but when it comes at the right time, it can feel so great and change your day Smile
I try to give compliments when I can, because the smile on other people's faces and the surprise and lol the deer in the headlights are so great that it makes me feel nice too.

Sadly, I rarely hear any compliment from my family, but my boss is really good in it Smile

I bet you would feel nice even without the compliment. Just because you wore what you wanted Smile I remember I once bought an expensive and hardly affordable (for me) piece of clothing that - even when I had it on - nobody could see. But God, it felt good :biggrin: Because I did it for myself.

So, enjoy your corset Smile

That's what I typically do, SolemnBoy XD I'm so bad at taking compliments and I just never know what to do :B

I like to give compliments too, but I'm kinda impaired at doing it :B But I try lol
Yeah, wearing something you just love is so worth it X3 I'm hoping to get my first ever pair of knee-high boots (something I've never gotten due to large calfs even as a young preteen/teenager) and I know, even if no one really notices them, I will feel damn good!

SolemnBoy Wrote:...
I have a love/hate relationship with compliments. On one hand I want people to think nice things about me, but as soon as they say those things to me I'll start wishing they hadn't :o
I feel similar.
Instead of wishing the person hadn't though, I just outright don't believe them.
It's an odd mental phenomenon that I want to rid my self of.

I feel ya, enersis. *nods*

My last complement was likely being called "cute" by a close friend the other day.
He's too kind...

One of my professors gave me an A on a paper and wrote "very thoughtful analysis" on it. Basically he was complimenting my ace bullshitting skills, even if he didn't know it.

Miles Wrote:One of my professors gave me an A on a paper and wrote "very thoughtful analysis" on it. Basically he was complimenting my ace bullshitting skills, even if he didn't know it.

hmm, maybe he knew something you still don't Rolleyes :tongue:

Rae Wrote:Today I decided to wear my corset just because I felt like it. I've been insulted for it before, even called a whore by a teacher

I INSTANTLY thought to say to your teacher, "Things have changed since you last turned tricks." (Even better if he's a guy!) Back when I was a teen I'd have blurted it out, too. I got sent to the office a lot as a teen. :redface: