Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compliments are Nice
The last compliment I got that I don't mind sharing is that I was the coolest mother by an acquaintance a few days ago...I'm not sure what she was referring to exactly, however, and I didn't ask (I was pressed for time).

I get called cute and handsome and hot and beautiful and sexy and stuff like that lol...It's always nice to know someone does Smile

Rae Wrote:Today I decided to wear my corset just because I felt like it. I've been insulted for it before, even called a whore by a teacher, but I really don't care because I wear so many layers that I still consider myself to be pretty modest.
ANYWAY
I was walking with my friend Ashley from getting lunch at the Burger King next to the community college we attend, and this lady just calls me over and proceeds to compliment my corset! I did my usual deer in the headlights, BUT I also found myself smiling at the same time. I told her it was a corset I got from a renaissance faire. She told me I looked great and that she loved it and I just feel great!

With my story being said, I have a question!

When was the last time you were complimented, and what was the compliment?

I had a compliment on another site Im on.
Somebody told me they loved my views and opinions.
Its extremely, extremely rare I ever get compliments...much less for my views!!!
I felt so awesome after that.

And if I was a straight guy, I wouldnt want my sweetie to wear anything else but corsetes!!!
They are SOOOOO sexxxy!!!! Especially Gothic corsetes.

[Image: 564852_510050499024795_1154997144_n.jpg]
[Image: 11723009-maya-hansen-ss-2012-corsets-stylert.jpg]

[Image: chopper_dance.jpg]

I'm going to jump on the awkward penguin ice berg when it comes to giving and receiving compliments.
I can't remember any compliments being said recently, however I tend to brush the minor ones off. If it's a big compliment I'll either go all shy or bounce a compliment back at them. Sometimes I feel obliged to say something nice back...

As for the last compliment I got, it was from a friend who I overheard saying my name. Of course I questioned my name being said and she replied saying how it's good that I can get on with anyone... I quite liked the compliment as I do try and get along with people. I think I just said 'oh... right' and went silent.

I'm such a neurotic mess that anytime I receive a compliment, I immediately feel as though I don't deserve it and try to put it past me as quickly as possible.

That being said, the last compliment I got was from a friend I spent three hours talking to when they were going through a rough patch. After I did what I could to comfort them and offer whatever help I could give, they told me this.

"Chris, you're cynical, grumpy, and a bit of a snob. But despite those faults, I have never met anyone before who displays as much empathy and heart as you do for those you love."

I had to excuse myself from their presence under the guise I needed a cigarette because I was starting to tear up at hearing that.