Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Condoms...Help!
I considered making this anonymous as I have been wanting to ask now for two months and I feel kind of silly asking....

Long story short...I am new to condoms. I have never used one until after I posted a thread asking about something else once and whatever you guys said to me convinced me to start using one...I think that I did it because if I ever died I would want my lover to be used to them...

...but there is a huge problem. I actually don't mind wearing them at all and I thought it would hinder everything but it doesn't...but WHY do they break all the time? Is this common? I don't know who to ask. I have tried maybe 3/4 of the boxes now and it is the same with all of them...I even thought maybe the more expensive the better but no dice.

I am not worried about HIV much personally...I am negative as is my partner....for the last 25 years I have been monogamous with the same man and I know he is monogamous as well so it is not a big concern when they break but I am thinking this cant be normal because if it was it would be way to easy to contract HIV.

Any tips or suggestions? Is this common or uncommon?

Well, this is a serious question so it's time to get serious. If you are "large" down there, you might look into Trojan Magnums. They are actually a great condom. They could be breaking on you do you to honestly being too big for regular condoms. I've never had one break on me, but I have noticed that most condoms are too tight, and actually hurt, therefore leaving no real room for enjoyment.

Cunobelin Wrote:Well, this is a serious question so it's time to get serious. If you are "large" down there, you might look into Trojan Magnums. They are actually a great condom. They could be breaking on you do you to honestly being too big for regular condoms. I've never had one break on me, but I have noticed that most condoms are too tight, and actually hurt, therefore leaving no real room for enjoyment.

Thanks...I felt awkward bringing that part up so...yes...I need the large size and I initially thought that might be the problem so I got the really big size. They feel comfortable for the most part but they still break. I have to say though that they are the ones that at least have a chance of not breaking...sometimes they dont'.

I guess I might as well bring up another awkward part...my lover is...um...very passionate. Could this have something to do with it?

Well...my curiousity got the best of me and I did a search on the Internet to see if anyone else had this problem.....I think I figured out what was wrong....

If anyone is interested or has this problem...check out this link...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...752AAUQdVF

East Wrote:Thanks...I felt awkward bringing that part up so...yes...I need the large size and I initially thought that might be the problem so I got the really big size. They feel comfortable for the most part but they still break. I have to say though that they are the ones that at least have a chance of not breaking...sometimes they dont'.

I guess I might as well bring up another awkward part...my lover is...um...very passionate. Could this have something to do with it?

No need to feel awkward. This is a valid time to talk about it. Storage of condoms can also have something to do with it (this isn't some teen romantic drama/comedy, this is real life, don't keep them in your wallet). The best place I've found for storing them is in the bathroom.

As to your lover being passionate, that might have something to do with it. What sucks about latex is the difficulty in using oils with them. Lambskin can be used with oils (generally) but don't protect pretty much at all against STD's. You could try and see if you can find a large-sized latex condom with a built in oil/lube.

East Wrote:I considered making this anonymous as I have been wanting to ask now for two months and I feel kind of silly asking....

Long story short...I am new to condoms. I have never used one until after I posted a thread asking about something else once and whatever you guys said to me convinced me to start using one...I think that I did it because if I ever died I would want my lover to be used to them...

...but there is a huge problem. I actually don't mind wearing them at all and I thought it would hinder everything but it doesn't...but WHY do they break all the time? Is this common? I don't know who to ask. I have tried maybe 3/4 of the boxes now and it is the same with all of them...I even thought maybe the more expensive the better but no dice.

I am not worried about HIV much personally...I am negative as is my partner....for the last 25 years I have been monogamous with the same man and I know he is monogamous as well so it is not a big concern when they break but I am thinking this cant be normal because if it was it would be way to easy to contract HIV.

Any tips or suggestions? Is this common or uncommon?

East, the reason is probably that you are not buying the right size, or you've got a shitty box that has condoms that are out of date. I would suggest you go to your pharmacy and ask for a replacement...
Oh, by the way, it is said that you shouldn't use two condoms on top of each other as that will help them tear, and two, you should only use water based lubricants, but I suppose you know that.
Methinks that you are too big, man, and your condoms are not the right size for you...
Biggrinflip:biggrin:

haha, found you out before even reading that link you found.... You should have asked PA, lol...

They can break easier if you put them on wrong. Because you can stretch parts of it and weaken the integrity, or leave air pockets. My understanding was that condoms often break from being too large also though.

Thanks guys...The thing I was doing I think was stretching them really tight on the head and I didnt' leave any room...for some reason I thought that was the thing that would insure that they were going to do what they were supposed to do....I also used the wrong lube.

I think they should have a condom tutorial...really...I thought it was fairly simple and straightforward...you put it on and it does what it does...who knew there were all these rules?:biggrin:

East Wrote:Thanks guys...The thing I was doing I think was stretching them really tight on the head and I didnt' leave any room...for some reason I thought that was the thing that would insure that they were going to do what they were supposed to do....I also used the wrong lube.

I think they should have a condom tutorial...really...I thought it was fairly simple and straightforward...you put it on and it does what it does...who knew there were all these rules?:biggrin:

My dear East, there is one that I posted here not so long ago... For those who need reminding, I think I titled it.

http://www.gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=19028

Ok maybe I do need to find one in the English language then! I'll go looking.. unless you have one to suggest, East?