Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confessing my strange interests
I don't understand where is the 'strange/weird' thing. Or maybe cause I have a similiar problem (with the Art...And the culture in general, so History is ok) ... If the 'problem' is being into cultural/brainy things than into happy hour and clubbing shallow life... I can do that and be happy, but even when I'm relaxed, with my drink etc I prefer talk about things that I find at least interesting like the political situation, History (even contemporary), science etc.
Or I don't understand... XD

You need to mediate, especially with strangers or at the beginning of a 'dating session' LOL, cause dealing with a too much 'deep and brainy' person could be a little 'scary' for a lot of people... Unluckily

You know honestly I think that's why so many guys don't really wanna talk to me. My idea of a good casual conversation is me talking about cultural/brainy things like history. Even though I never mean to be I can see now why a lot of guys my own age especially would find me a rather scary and intimidating person because their inability to be able to match what I am putting out there must arouse their own feelings of inadequacy just as much as me comparing my looks to that of a model arouses my own feelings of inadequacy ya know?

I guess I called it strange/weird because my interests and how passionately I am pursuing them is not typical of that of most 21 years olds, gay or straight

Drkmcnamara Wrote:You know honestly I think that's why so many guys don't really wanna talk to me. My idea of a good casual conversation is me talking about cultural/brainy things like history.

ugh...why aren't you closer to meeeeeee...

I love that kind of conversation

You know after reading this all I wonder if maybe some of the guys you talk to all intimidated/shallow. Sure as hell isn't anything wrong with you, after reading this.

Wolly I am fairly certain that is what is going on with me and could explain a lot about why it seems like no guy wants to have anything to do with me

Drkmcnamara Wrote:...The biggest thing of mine that I am passionate about is History. I love history, love studying it, talking about it, gathering insight from it and helping others see the value in those who pursue the study of the past...

Sweet talker!

Hmmm…may need another engagement ring… :p

When I saw that you wished to confess something strange I shuddered. Over the past weekend I happened into a television programme that was about persons with strange sexual adictions and that was were my mind went. Particularly because the one I remember was about a young man who had a sexual relationship with his car. I don't know how, don't ask. But the crux of the piece was when he decided that he could not be a complete person unless he confessed to his father about his, uhm, flame. His opening line to Dad was, "There's something I need to tell you..." most adults and parents in particular, hear those words and assume someone's pregnant, he's caught a charge for DUI, he's flunking out of school etc. But not this. Put baldly he told his father he was in love with his car and that....the relationship had been consumated, they'd had sex. Watching the face of the father was like watching a psychological text book dealing in weird and bizaree only this was ilustrated. Even seated at home in my own living room, I wanted to leap through the screen and give him a twelve ounce mug of...anyting alcoholic. People are not prepared by anything for that sort of information.

So your predilection for history comes away as charming, intimate. I can see you in a comfortable corner illicitly sneaking into a volume by Laure Pernot describing the court of Nspoleon but..you and Laure will keep your semi guilty secret. I wish I were in the room with you following my own historical preference, Peter The Great. I know, we're supposed to read books about two guys who met when they were cadets in the police academy and ended up being married by the Governor but...we've foresworn that to get our own erections as the Incas sacrirficed a Spanish soldier, poacher shooting in South Africa, the behind the thrown doings at the ocurt of Charles the second. I'll tell you a secret about Talleyrand if you'll tell me one about the great lord protector-and for him, make it....dirty.

Charon