Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confessing my strange interests
I think your passions reveal that you're a hard and dedicated worker, and have a good grip on the things you like and enjoy. There are people in the world that have no idea what they like, because they've never bothered to think about that... so it also makes me think that you aren't a superficial person.

I hope I can be a person like you in these respects in my own life.

Definitely hope you continue in your university work, more people like you need to exist...

And to think that two weeks away you wanted to throw all that away!

You Doofus Laugh2

The ability to read and translate Chinese into English can open doors on a global basis. What are you waiting for....

Nice to see another side of you, for change Smile

ObW
X

Oh yea on to my next interest and that would be flying. Anything having to do with commercial aviation really. I actually am going to flight school now part time and I have a pretty nice flight simulator set up on my home PC with a kickass joystick and everything. I am also a proud member of our local plane spotters club which holds nice get togethers if anyone of us gets word that a cool unusual aircraft is scheduled to land at SAT, we also take field trips to go to airshows and the like. Yea I also collect diecast models of airliners as well, the one I like the most is my replica of a Soviet made Ilyushin Il-62M operated by Air Koryo the national airline of North Korea. Real nice die cast metal replica lol.

Chase Wrote:Don't say such things. I've never passed myself off as a historian. I'm in engineering, not history.
Direct him to Jovial, not me.
Jeez Louise Tinkles.

I did not say you were a historian. I said you were a history buff.
Big diff there hun.

I can recall a couple of times I have been in the chat room and you were going on about some kind of history stuff......and you were pretty indepth about it too.

So THERE!!!
[Image: giphy.gif]

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:God, I feel like such a failure now... I forgot the ten words of mandarin I learned decades ago...

LOL

Knowing how to order Szechuan from the Chinese place down the road does not count.

You turn out to be a multi-faceted personality: history, Chinese history, translating Mandarin, and now going to flight school, plane spotting, and diecast collecting are added to the list. Where do you find the time?

Oh I make time although I should cut back

But yea I am going by list of time relevance so I spend most of my time studying history

Drkmcnamara Wrote:Oh yea on to my next interest and that would be flying. Anything having to do with commercial aviation really. I actually am going to flight school now part time and I have a pretty nice flight simulator set up on my home PC with a kickass joystick and everything. I am also a proud member of our local plane spotters club which holds nice get togethers if anyone of us gets word that a cool unusual aircraft is scheduled to land at SAT, we also take field trips to go to airshows and the like. Yea I also collect diecast models of airliners as well, the one I like the most is my replica of a Soviet made Ilyushin Il-62M operated by Air Koryo the national airline of North Korea. Real nice die cast metal replica lol.

If you have all this going on in your life, in addition to your history interests, why in the hell are you worried about what a bunch of shallow, looking for the next hook-up queens are saying to you? I would imagine the most interesting things in their lives is waiting for the weekend and wondering where their next drink is going to come from.

Jesus christ, man! Whether you realize it or not, you have got it going on! This thread you started has totally changed my opinion of you. Do you realize that the hardest thing to do in the world is to change your mind about someone? Most of your recent posts about the depression and whining made me form a really unfavourable opinion about you. And then you bust out with this one! Quit hiding behind the 'poor me' attitude, and show people that you really are all that, and a bag of chips.

Take this nugget of a new attitude you're showing here and carry it around with you. Nurse it like a newborn and develop it to new horizons. Carry it proud as you should. Shove it in people's faces if you have to in order to show them how unfulfilled and empty their lives are. You have these awesome dreams and aspirations and you are actually working to bring them to fruition. Good on ya, Pal! Keep up with this attitude and stop listening to people that try to bring you down. You are better than they are!

Oh yea and lastly, when I do find the time which is usually when I am on school breaks, I like doing volunteer work. Mostly I like volunteering at our city's AIDS foundation helping those who are afflicted by HIV/AIDS by helping around the shelter they have set up to help serve meals and just talk to whomever in there. I also like volunteering at the women's crisis center as well sometimes. So yea that pretty much covers the scope of my life's interests and activities. Before opening this thread my whole view to what I was doing with my life was like, "It is great that I am doing all of these things but it is not gonna get me laid either." Which is why I disregarded it anytime I interact with gay men, my thought was other gay men don't give a shit about what I do with my life and about what I know all they care about is whether I am good enough (sexy enough) to sleep with but it is nice to know that at least on here that is not the case Smile