Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confession
I love my friends to death, but most of them have emotional issues and I don't have it in me to "support" them, or in other words feeding into their drama. Just so much unnecessary crap, it's overwhelming.

Drama from friends? Slap them right in their mushy face next time it happens. Make sure you get enough momentum behind it with a slight cup to the palm of your hand. If it leaves a mark, the message will sink in more. Repeat as often as needed until the desired results are found.

You need to take a break from the internet for a couple of weeks and take some time out for yourself or you will never be able to be the person you want to be for those friends.

Yes I know Wink

Everyone has issues.

Sometimes the healthy thing is to back away. It might also serve them well.

Disappear for a while and get your head together.

If listening to other people's problems is not for you, then you don't ever have to.

The thing is, I've lived with this problem all my life. It's a problem that I kinda bring to myself. I like helping my friends , and I get joy from helping them. Yet sometimes, it does gets overwhelming and emotionally exhausting, espically when you feel like your friends and you aren't getting anywhere.

When this happens, I like to disappear, withdraw abit from them. I go out and take long walks. Read books. Do soul-searching.

Think what your needs are, and why do you feel this way. Figure out what other stuff are lacking in your life and try to fix them. This is what I've always done.

Think of feelings as warnings. Listen to them, exhaustion is an indicator you need to rest, remove yourself from those situations that exhaust you.

In combination with feeling overwhelmed means that you are over committing yourself. Sometimes we have to do this so that we learn our limits.

The key thing Kenny is you MUST listen to your body and mind and what it is telling you to do.

Your friends' drama is emotionally taxing, and overwhelming. Why is this a confession? Do you think you're the only one who deals with shit like this? Welcome to life.

swalter Wrote:Your friends' drama is emotionally taxing, and overwhelming. Why is this a confession? Do you think you're the only one who deals with shit like this? Welcome to life.

Well, it's a confession because I feel bad about feeling this way toward my friends, I posted anonymously for the same reason. I know, it's silly, but it's a comfort for me that I can say this anonymously just as a pure, honest thought.

Also, thank you everyone for your advice. I've been establishing my space and my limits, but this problem surfaces inevitably once in a while. More than anything, I really just needed to get that thought into writing and off my mind, I was just venting in the moment and I'm sure things will be fine.