Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confession: I'm a very stupid man.
So I finally got around to sitting down and calculating the hours I work, and the estimated rents and utilities for my area.

The first estimate for just what I regularly do, none of the extra stuff like care-giving, building retaining walls, etc)

At minimum wage last year I was earning $1152.19 a month.

The median cost for a house per square foot in my area is 0.88 per square foot. (I live in a 450 square foot trailer) so estimate (without adjusting for the fact this place has wheels):

$ 396.00

Utilities, which is a tricky dick of a situation to calculate. Ranged from 121 to 200.

Assuming I actually use that much electricity and water and stuff (I don't because elves = green you see), then rent and utilities should fall around 596.00, round it up to $600.00 a month.

So I work and earn a potential income of around 1152 a month, and I pay 150 per month for rent and 76 for propane.

So I am paying $1378 a month to live in a place worth $600 a month.

So if you all need a really, really good tenant who clearly loves to pay more than double for the space he rents, look me up - clearly I'm that stupid.

Oh and it gets worse.

There have been extras the past year:

Extra work beyond regular yard care: 1539.00
Care-giving maid service: 7110.00

Mind once again those calculations are based on minimum wage ($9.00), for instance I did not include my years of experience and skills when calculate the cost to remove the old retaining wall and build a new one.

I can easily fetch $15.00 an hour standing in front of home depot to be a day laborer for that extra work.

Maid service, care-giving prices are a bit higher.

Then we come to the just being here and on the property - so called house sitting where I don't actually have to do anything.

It ranged from 25 to 50 dollars a day for 24 hr 'service'.

From the time Bob went into a care facility until August 31 (I haven't calculated this month yet):

House sitting:

min (25/day): 6,175.00
max (50/day): 12,350

Average:

Just going the lowball estimate, based on minimum wage and average pay per hour for a house sitter,

I have worked for about
$17,911.50 on top of the over double rent I pay.

And by the way, this all does not include the 6 hours a day 5 days a week that I spend with the watering of this property.

If I charged flat out per hour (minimum wage $9.00 per hour) its only $270 a week.

Since I pretty much do it year round, which is 52 weeks a year..... never guess what that adds up to.....

$14,040.00 per year if all I did was just water at minimum wage. Granted most of that is sitting around waiting for about an hour before going back to move hoses, turn on and off faucets - but those hours I can't actually leave the property and do anything else off the property.

Typically I'm doing other stuff (pulling weeds, mowing, blowing, etc) whilst water is running.

So I have no idea what to charge in actuality for the watering... but I bet its a far cry less than the price to install an automatic sprinkler system....

So I need to confess that yes, I am that stupid - in fact I'm so stupid I can go 17 years paying over double for rent and utilities.

That is epic stupid.

I need a drink... no I need a lot of drinks.

[SIZE="7"][COLOR="Red"]This is the best I can do
on short notice.
The only trouble is ...
you won't wake up in the morning
feeling any smarter
no matter how much
you do or don't drink..
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[Image: liquor.JPG]

On my 3rd cock now... I mean cocktail now... feeling better.... Able to laugh at it all.

I sent the full list to a fiend, I mean friend - well I mean both..... and he all but called me crazy since he already knows I have skills (in and out of bed)... so he's saying at minimum $12.00 - plus the years (17 of them by now) experience with property management.....

Apparently I was doing the work of a nurse, which gets a starting (not for an RN, the lowest form of nurse) $20.00...

My Fiend got all upset when I told him that I'm only charging for the four hours a day that I was doing stuff, all of that sitting and waiting for bob to need something doubles it - well tripled it since Bob was up at 8 and went to bed at 10 - and I was there from about 7:30 until 10:30... So.....

So its getting worse.

Several people have told me to sue.... yet Several people have failed to explain how I do this. Its not like I can afford a solicitor on retainer... Well maybe I can, just I never see money.. Sooooo.....

I understand I can't possibly seek for the past 17 years that's the bridge under water (or water under the bridge), but it would appear to me that for at least the past year I have grounds for something - Am I right, am I wrong?

Next time I do this sort of thing, I need to sit down with someone brighter than me, preferably someone with out the big stupid heart I have and who can talk some reality into me.....

oh look another cock.....

.... tail.....

:biggrin:

Are you in Death Valley? I can't imagine doing that much watering and yard work daily.

Most any attorney will do a free initial consultation to determine if you have a case. If you have no funds to hire this attorney, many will work on contingency and take upwards of 40% of what they can get you, with no fee if they lose. Most likely you need a good case where you'd get a substantial amount of money to make it worth an attorney making "merely" 40% of it.

Make an appointment for an initial consultation and bring every document you have that supports your case. Verbal contracts with the deceased are hard to enforce.

Borg69 Wrote:Are you in Death Valley? I can't imagine doing that much watering and yard work daily.

I'm on two acres in the Central Valley. Two acres of sand that goes down at least 120 feet (well depth) without hitting a single pebble, let alone clay.

Here is the back of the property:

[Image: picture.php?albumid=61&pictureid=5922]

Mind, the property ends in the middle of that river - way down there... Those two ants are human beans.

If I stopped watering, the property would soon be as 'golden' as it is across the river.

Currently across the river is black, as in July it burnt (fireworks - yay!).... so I have to do serious watering of the cliff because pretty much the risk for fireworks fire is pretty darn high every year.

Here is a small corner of the yard:

[Image: picture.php?albumid=61&pictureid=5923]

Here is just the driveway hedges:

[Image: picture.php?albumid=61&pictureid=5924]

There is more all along the front of the property, behind the trailer, around the house, partway along the edge of the cliff, around another yard, along the southern fence.

For more of the property and some stuff I have done this year: https://gayspeak.com/album.php?albumid=61

Anyway, its on a well, so I can run 1-3 sprinklers at a time. 3 is a special combination that only works in two places, the rest of the property I can only run two sprinklers at once.

The back yard I can only run the one sprinkler, and it gets moved to 5 different spots typically, with up to 8 when I water the cliff once a week. So you figure that it has to run at least 30 minutes per move applying complex maths of X 5 moves, that's 2.5 hours... if I'm doing the bank that is 4 hours all on its own.

If I try to run another sprinkler, or flush a toilet, the sprinkler stops spitting water and turning.

It is a plumbing issue, most of the plumbing on the property was installed in 1939-1940 (exterior) and is galvanized 1/5 pipe which has corroded, built up mineral deposit. A segment was removed when they installed the leach line, the interior of that bit of pipe was about 1/4 inch in diameter....

Now can you imagine how I work this much? :biggrin:

Well, congratulations for finding out how the economics of ground rent work in capitalism: buy land, rent it to people and expropriate their wealth and income in the process. You're not stupid. Being ripped off is just what being a leaseholder is.

I can only wish you good luck in finding a good attorney. I hope you're able to make your case Xyxthumbs

My god dude you really are paying too much. Sorry I don't have any apartment building in the USA, except for a condo in San Francisco that is already rented and may not be in your price range hahaha. If you ever wish to move to Canada, Toronto or Montreal, then I can definitely assist you. I actually started the new Low income apartments project for LGBTQ, it should be ready by June next year Smile

hmmmm....sometimes it isn't good to do the math.