Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confidence problems
VileKyle Wrote:Thanks. I do need practice at that for sure. I know it's all just in my head, but that doesn't stop it all from getting in the way. I really need to figure out how to just jump out there and stop worrying about that. Easier said than done though.

I'll admit it's a dirty trick, but by posting about it, you've already started.

Also, I have social anxiety too and I wanted to tell you somethings that help me.

When I'm in a situation when I'm meeting someone new while we are introducing I tell myself to get out of my head and be present in the moment. This helps me because this way I'm not focusing on my thoughts and what might go wrong or what I might say that's stupid...I focus on the conversation and if I happen to say something stupid I laugh it off instead of freaking out.
If I'm at a party or something and I feel my anxiety getting the better of me I go to the bathroom or outside for a few moments to calm my nerves and usually I'm good after that.
Also, realizing that we all have different interest so when talking to men I look at it as a way to have something to talk about if I happen to like something that dk about etc..
This probably isn't the best one but if I'm talking to someone and they do say something rude or are a jerk about me being a little nervous or "different" then they aren't the kind of people I want to get to know, and probably have some major insecurities they are dealing with.
All this have made me more comfortable in social situations..not perfect at but miles better than what I used to be.

codyj1ma Wrote:Also, I have social anxiety too and I wanted to tell you somethings that help me.

When I'm in a situation when I'm meeting someone new while we are introducing I tell myself to get out of my head and be present in the moment. This helps me because this way I'm not focusing on my thoughts and what might go wrong or what I might say that's stupid...I focus on the conversation and if I happen to say something stupid I laugh it off instead of freaking out.
If I'm at a party or something and I feel my anxiety getting the better of me I go to the bathroom or outside for a few moments to calm my nerves and usually I'm good after that.
Also, realizing that we all have different interest so when talking to men I look at it as a way to have something to talk about if I happen to like something that dk about etc..
This probably isn't the best one but if I'm talking to someone and they do say something rude or are a jerk about me being a little nervous or "different" then they aren't the kind of people I want to get to know, and probably have some major insecurities they are dealing with.
All this have made me more comfortable in social situations..not perfect at but miles better than what I used to be.
I had to do this exact same thing, since my coping mechanism was dissociative, and causing me no end of confusion. Experiencing your life is much better than observing it.