Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conflicted with first relationship.
Well as an update I've split up with him, seeing someone once a month is not a relationship and him standing me up to go to work instead of seeing me on his off day was the final nail in the coffin. He comes off as a total workaholic and that's just not relationship material to me.

Next time I meet someone I'm going to be really careful to inquire about their career and working hours. It's a lesson learned anyway I suppose.

Double23 Wrote:Well as an update I've split up with him, seeing someone once a month is not a relationship ...
No, its not. It's an FWB at best. Which is fine if that's all you want. But clearly you want something more and I don't blame you. Thanks for updating us on your life! Wavey

Ha, well I was right all along, he started getting involved with his ex again the other day, said he was still in love with him even though he should hate him because of what he's done, sounds like a toxic situation to me. I think in the end I dodged a bullet here by ending it when I did.

What I learned from this experience is to trust my instincts when something doesn't feel right, that and probably avoid guys who have recently split up. I certainly won't make a mistake like him again anyway. Smile

Double23 Wrote: I think in the end I dodged a bullet here by ending it when I did.

What I learned from this experience is to trust my instincts when something doesn't feel right, that and probably avoid guys who have recently split up. I certainly won't make a mistake like him again anyway
. Smile

Excellent! I would call this a worthwhile and valuable exchange then.....