Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused
Hi there!

I'm kinda new on this forum, I've been visiting many forums like general and sexual ones before. And somehow I just got confused on what should I do? or when I found some threads and I don't know either to leave a comment or just read and keep it in my mind. This is really my biggest problem on forum, is it because of my lack experiences? Haha
by the way, I'm newbie here.

Have a great day

The whole purpose of a forum like this is for people to share thoughts, ideas and opinions...and give each other support and feedback. The best way to get to know people is by reading threads and posting comments. I think that GS is a comfortable place, there are some great people here, and a wide range of topics. People here aren't mean, no bullies.

So yeah...by all means, please post answers to the threads...it will introduce you to people here and also help improve your grammar and vocabulary...you said in your intro thread that you want to do that. Oh...and until you reach 50 posts, your posts may be held for approval of the monitor and maybe won't appear for a few hours. This is for our protection...many forums are targets of trolls, nasty people who want to cause trouble.

As I said on your intro thread Fish2 Welcome! Fish2

CursedArrow Wrote:I've been visiting many forums like general and sexual ones before. And somehow I just got confused on what should I do? or when I found some threads and I don't know either to leave a comment or just read and keep it in my mind. This is really my biggest problem on forum, is it because of my lack experiences?[/align]
My advice is to read more than respond, especially in the beginning. If you go to a forum like this, which is relatively small, you'll see there are "regulars"... people who show up and post almost every day. By reading their words you may get to know them a bit. Of course you can comment on what other people say, agree or disagree. It is all fine so long as you don't behave rudely or meanly. Just respect other people, even if you don't agree with them, they are as entitled to their opinion as you are entitled to your own. If you don' have an opinion, then there is no need to say anything. If you don't understand something, however, it is ok to ask questions like, "What do you mean by that?"

thanks for having me, and I'll try my best Smile

It sounds from your post like you -want- to respond to certain posts, but you're hesitant due to lack of experience or discomfort with being new.

I think as long as you're respectful your input is welcome and you should participate if you want to, yeah? You can always preface something by saying (I've never experienced this, but I think if I did that I would.....) or saying that you're posting an opinion, etc.

Welcome to GS.

I was a heavy poster for a time and just lost interest the forums. I would stop by and read the posts from time to time but didn't respond to any. It's been months and now I'm posting again. Post what you want when you want, just follow the rules. I haven't come across anyone who is nasty or disrespectful just people with other opinions. I have found this to be one of the better places for discussion.