Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused about my sexuality
Hi,

I consider myself a straight male, but I am also passive and enjoy it when I am touched and kissed. I am not sure if this means I am gay. I am not attracted to men, but I am attracted to being dominated, caressed etc. by men, especially older men.

Does anyone have similar experiences?

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate......

Shakespeare wrote this poem of love to a young man. In those days it was possible to have sexual relations with people of both genders without any necessity to label yourself gay, bi, straight etc. Do you need a label to enjoy whatever you enjoy? I am proud to call myself gay and this is a political statement for me and expresses my rejection of the repression which so many people have experienced in the past and still experience today. If you need a label, I am sure you will find the right one eventually. In the meantime enjoy whatever it is that you enjoy. Many gay men can identify with your feelings. Stick around and get to know us better.

I agree with peterinmalaga you dont need a title or have to "classify" yourself, but if you choose to do so, that's cool. I myself didn't care for a name for my sexuality until recently, although I knew I liked girls since 4th grade _shoulder shrugs_. So it's all up 2 you, but if you need to chat or ask questions-I'm totally open to helpin you outSmile

Labels are bad.
I mean it's good when u are categorizing stuff or differentiating things.
But we dun need labels.

C'mon, jocks, nerds, goths, emos, gay, bis and les...
Wat are they?
They're still humans.
So just chill. No worries.
In the end, enjoy yourself.
Life is to short to worry bout such petty stuff.

Wow... since when did i become so philosophical?
I'm only 18.... lol:tongue:

lol, and I'm only 15 but I guess we all have our moments Smile

Para0402 Wrote:Labels are bad.
I mean it's good when u are categorizing stuff or differentiating things.
But we dun need labels.

C'mon, jocks, nerds, goths, emos, gay, bis and les...
Wat are they? ...
We classify things to be able to make sense of our lives. It's normal and neither good nor bad, but I would argue that we do need "labels". However, labels can be used in good or bad ways. I think it's this that we need to watch out for.

I've always needed a label to get a sense of belonging to a group! If i wasn't straight than I had to be gay to feel wanted? I guess I could say that is why

Labelling can be empowering for someone who knows what they are and fully accepts it. I think for someone who is “confused about his sexuality” the labels can become part of the problem. I didn't invent the label “gay” and for a while I had a problem with it. I had a boyfriend who didn't like gay bars – he had never been in one! So I took him to another town and we just went into a bar without me saying that it was gay. Naughty? He loved it.

I always attempt to free myself from labeling, which is why I say 'no' when asked if I'm gay...or straight...or even bi. I am what I am, and I just do what my mind and body tell me to do day by day. Sometimes I might look at girls, sometimes at guys, and a lot of times I'm not interested by either. Though right now I seem to be stuck in a 'guy phase' as I call it, since I really have it bad for a guy at my university. Oh well! I wish I could help you further. It takes a lot of inner thought to realize who you 'really are' so denying a label of any sort might not be so easy for some. Hope I helped a bit!

yousucke,
i understand what you're saying but i don't think i'd ever be able to say that
..... don't you want to feel like you belong in a catergory? Or am i just brainwashed?