Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservapedia
I was skimming through the articles on homosexuality found on Conservapedia, "an encyclopaedia with articles written from a conservative viewpoint", and I think the only things they didn't specifically blame gay people for were the mass extinction of the dinosaurs and global warming.

Much of the anti-gay vitriol involved the old stand-bys: gay men are promiscuous, disease-ridden pedophiles, but there were other charges I'd never heard before. Apparently, "studies report that homosexual couples have significantly higher incidences of violent behavior" than straight people, homosexuals murdering each other is common, gay people are more prone to psychiatric problems and we have significantly higher rates of smoking than heterosexual people. In addition, we're more likely to use drugs than straight people and lesbians are inclined to be overweight.

The other thing I noticed is that they frequently cited studies that were, in some cases, decades old. For example, to refute the increasing evidence that people are born gay, they cited a study from 1952 that indicated that homosexuality was rare or absent in many cultures. As a result of this 57 year old study, they concluded that because homosexuality doesn't appear in every culture, homosexuality is not "significantly influenced by genes".

I guess it's true, the nut jobs really are running the asylum! Rolleyes

Interesting you should raise this. I came across a recent online article by Peter Tatchell that looked beyond the born/made gay argument and it made a lot of sense. I'm sorry I don't have access to my own computer at the moment or else I'd give the reference.

As to the higher incidences of substance abuse and emotional instability I would have thought it inevitable, given the amount of abuse that comes our way for being who we are. When we all start treating each other well these researchers can start hurling stones.

For the record, homosexuals murdering each other is not common. To the best my knowledge I've never murdered anyone, regardless of the provocation Wink

Conservapedia is an oxymoron. Real conservatives wouldn't touch an encyclopaedia written and edited by the world's largest collection of nut cases (the internet in general) with a barge pole.

Interestingly, I haven't murdered anyone either.

The article by Peter Tatchell to which Marshlander refers is here. Not that I particularly recommend it, we have already discussed it here.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Thanks, Fred. I may have mentioned before that the experience of using PA's computer is akin to being a fish swimming through jelly (which is why I'll respond quickly before the computer notices I'm using it and comes to a full stop).

Mexicanwave Funnypost Mexicanwave

Oh yes, we are the worst scum on the planet.
I found this site recently: Homosexuality is a Sin!

Some people hate us so much, its almost funny!:biggrin:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Most of the time it's funny when people spent so much energy in things they hate, instead of enjoying there sparetime with things they like :biggrin:

Genersis Wrote:Oh yes, we are the worst scum on the planet.

Wow thats a bit harsh. isnt it funny how the site dosn't have a contact e-mail link. when people do this kind of uneducated article it makes me sad and angry. someone pin him down and i'll do his hair. (I can imagine he's a red neck with a mullet)

Genersis Wrote:Oh yes, we are the worst scum on the planet.

The [B]"Next Goal Of Homo Agenda" [/B]link leads to a page not found error. I wonder if one of us got to this guy before he could expose the rest of our evil plans! :biggrin:

KMG Wrote:The [B]"Next Goal Of Homo Agenda" [/B]link leads to a page not found error. I wonder if one of us got to this guy before he could expose the rest of our evil plans! :biggrin:

:eek:

You have not seen anything! Move along! Move along! *looks nervous around*

Here, take that cookie. Nothing to see. Have fun. Enjoy it.

Oh look there, a dodo! *points away from the thread* Rolleyes