Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservapedia
Put off looking until now. I didn't manage more than the introduction. Life is too short to waste my energy reading such drivel :frown:

Sorry i didn't mean to offened anyone, I just thought i might show an example of what some of the Anti gay extreme-ists are like.
Sorry if i made ya sad marshlander.Bighug .
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Don't worry, Genersis. I do read this stuff if I have to make some kind of response, but I would generally prefer to read more informed rants. The danger with this rubbish is that there are still many people out there who are made to believe that there is something wrong with being gay. I used to be one of them. I have had to cut myself off from a lot of people I used to consider friends in order to keep out of the depression zone. Many of them are unlikely to change their minds in the foreseeable future, unless God comes to his senses and delivers a gay-friendly revelation. Wow

Genersis & Marshlander,

I frankly don't loose any sleep over extremist rants like that, they sound like mindless rants to everyone but other extremists. It is much more 'reasonable' anti-gay writings that we should worry about as they really can sway those with wavering opinions.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I've not been online in awhile otherwise i'd have jumped in a lot earlier.

Really i think if people wanna write that kind of drivel we should applaud them for working out what the written word actually looks like. If we really wanted we could spend our entire lives shouting these types of people down and what would we achieve?? Eloquence changes only raitonal minds.

Oh, and God never did say anything against gays, so let's just clear that one up once and for all.

Biblical misinterpretation, for reasons both honest and otherwise, now that's another story...

sox-and-the-city Wrote:I've not been online in awhile otherwise i'd have jumped in a lot earlier.

Really i think if people wanna write that kind of drivel we should applaud them for working out what the written word actually looks like. If we really wanted we could spend our entire lives shouting these types of people down and what would we achieve?? Eloquence changes only raitonal minds.

Oh, and God never did say anything against gays, so let's just clear that one up once and for all.

Biblical misinterpretation, for reasons both honest and otherwise, now that's another story...

isn't it written somewhere in there that the act of one man to lay with another man should be condemed by death? i haven't really looked into it but i seem to remember a quote something like that

i remember its lumped in with the act of working on a sunday as also being only punishable by death though... Rolleyes

woodchip50 Wrote:isn't it written somewhere in there that the act of one man to lay with another man should be condemed by death? i haven't really looked into it but i seem to remember a quote something like that

i remember its lumped in with the act of working on a sunday as also being only punishable by death though... Rolleyes

This topic has come up that often i intend, when i have more time, to start a shiny new thread for us all to rant about it to our heart's content. But really, in short, no it doesn't.

University study of homophobia:

A study that appears to reveal a major cause of homophobia was completed at the University of Georgia in 1996. 3 It involved 64 white men, none of whom had engaged in homosexual acts during their lifetime. Their sexual fantasies involved only women. 35 of them were rated homophobic; 29 non-homophobic. For the purpose of this study, "homophobia" was defined as a negative emotional reaction (e.g., fear, anxiety, anger, discomfort) to homosexuality. It was measured by a questionnaire called the Index of Homophobia. Each was shown three types of X rated videotapes: heterosexual, lesbian and gay. A plethysmograph measuring device (affectionately called a "peter meter") measured the circumference of their penis as a gauge of sexual arousal.
The two groups exhibited similar arousal when they viewed 4 minute samples taken from one heterosexual and one lesbian movie. But they responded differently to the male homosexual clip:
Degree of Tumescence: Insignificant Moderate Definite Homophobic men 20% 26% 54% Non-homophobic men 66% 10% 24% The researchers concluded that these data are consistent with the belief that most homophobic men have repressed homosexual desires. An alternative, but much less likely, explanation is that the homophobic men's erections were caused by anxiety during the experiment.

That a majority of homophobes are repressed gay or bi guys seems like a plausible explanation to me, but Bing Sen Larry Craig if you need a further example.

So you can deduce that a majority of those articles are written by men who just want a little lovin' in their oven.Rofl

CurtCB Wrote: So you can deduce that a majority of those articles are written by men who just want a little lovin' in their oven.Rofl

Wow, that was very interesting to read Curt. Smart and adorable...k chido!Wink

That was pretty interesting. I think very few people are truly 100% gay or 100% straight -- we all fall somewhere in between the extremes. Confusedmile: